So, the “real” Olympics are slowly wrapping up. Only a few more days until all the bald Chinese taxi drivers can go back to work. And, seriously, I’m not kidding: the Chinese government “asked” all the bald cab drivers in Beijing to stay home during the Olympics. Crazy, huh?
Luckily, taxi drivers of all types can participate in the Great Retro Olympics! Heck, anyone with knowledge of random retro trivia can take part! That’s what makes these games so much better. Not only are we universally accepting, you don’t even have to lift a weight or step on a treadmill to prepare.
Today’s event -- the second to last of these games -- is fencing. Do you have a good memory of weapons in retro videogames? Take the quiz to find out! Just leave your answers in the comments and check my community blog tomorrow (8/22) for the dramatic results.
Get your mental epee in ready position and … good luck!
The Great Retro Olympics!
1. Which of the below weapons does Master Higgins throw in Adventure Island?
2. How many different swords can be equipped in Crystalis?
3. According to the original Bionic Commando box art, which of main character Nathan’s arms equips the famous grappling hook?
4. Without looking at the letters, which of the following capsules gives you the laser in Arkanoid?
5. Based on the items used as weapons in Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers, which of these buildings would supply the most ammo for Chip and Dale?
6. Do you remember which Contra game introduced the (amazing!) Homing Missiles?
7. Dr. Yang uses all of the following weapons in The Legend of the Mystical Ninja except:
8. How many times can Simon Belmont upgrade his whip in Castlevania for the NES?
Some Gauntlet cosplayers mixed up their weapons! Help make things right again!
13. Karnov decides to give up fighting monsters and return to the circus. Based on his main weapon, what should be the name of Karnov’s freak show?
One of the below old men offers his hero an arrow, the other a sword. Do you remember which one offers what?
16. Besides your gun, what other weapon can you equip in Ikari Warriors?
17. Nerbert the nerd wants to dress like Milon from Milon’s Secret Castle for his school’s Halloween party. If Nerbert wants to recreate Milon’s weapon, what children’s toy should he take with him to the party?
18. True of false: Missile and bombs in R.C. Pro-Am are activated by different buttons on the NES controller.
19. Immature laughing alert! Which Genesis game equips its main character with a ball gun (hehehe --- I just typed “ball”)?
20. Which of the following items from Zelda II: The Adventure of Link is used to destroy an enemy?
The Great Retro Olympics! Instant Replay
Live Show: Win a bunch of stuff to celebrate Twitch and Titanfall on the Xbox One
8:30 PM on 03.07.2014