Lace up those mental running shoes and ... good luck!
The Great Retro Olympics!
Number of questions: 20
1. What item does Scrooge McDuck use as a pogo stick to jump higher in DuckTales?
2. Jerry wants to win the High Jump event in the Olympics. What item from The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening could help him accomplish that lofty goal?
3. What famous term did Sega coin to explain why Sonic the Hedgehog could run so fast?
a. Hyper Mode
b. Mode 7
c. Blast Processing
d. Super FX
Match the challenging jump with the NES game it is from?
4. A Boy and His Blob
7. Wizards and Warriors
8. There was a disaster at the zoo! Thinking he was still in his Atari videogame, Pitfall Harry tried to jump on the head of one of the animals and was eaten alive! What kind of animal was it?
9. True of False: You can jump in Burgertime.
10. Place Mario in the correct position so that when he jumps straight up he will discover a hidden beanstalk.
11. If Jumping Flash was a real animal (not a robot), what would its favorite food be?
12. Name the character! “I am fast like Sonic, but horribly annoying. Instead of golden rings, I collect balls of yarn. Oh, did I also mention I was horribly annoying?”
13. From where he is standing, which of the green blocks can Mike Jones not successfully jump to?
What kind of jump can you perform in the following games?
14. Crash Bandicoot (PlayStation)
15. Earthworm Jim (Genesis)
16. The Lost Vikings (Super NES)
17. Ninja Gaiden (NES)
18. RUN! How much time does Samus have to escape the Ceres Space Colony at the beginning of Super Metroid?
a. 30 seconds
b. 1 minute
c. 3 minutes
d. 5 minutes
19. What button -- when held in conjunction with the jump button -- makes Mario perform a high back flip jump in Super Mario 64?
20. The boots that allow Link to run faster in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past are named after what mythical creature?
The Great Retro Olympics! Instant Replay
Event #1: Opening ceremony
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.