The mysterious one-woman news bomber Surfer Girl hits us with a megaton of new "insider" tips/rumors, with many being Nintendo flavored this time around. We still don't know who Surfer Girl is, or where she gets her information, but we like running it because the things she includes in her hot tips makes us happy, true or not.
Here's some highlights from her November 10th posting:
There's too many here to discuss at length, so I'll let you do the work in the comments section. This is all great if its true, but to tell you the truth, I'm still hung up on her October 29th posting that states that Sega's Chu Chu Rocket is making a comeback on the DS or Wii. Don't toy with me, Surfer Girl!
Read the full list after the jump.
1) The Jet Moto series is alive in the same way a rock is. Twisted Metal has a future on that new console that ends with a 3.
2) An Animal Crossing MMO would not see release outside of Japan, NoA and NoE are obstinate in only wanting limited online functionality in the title.
3) F-Zero is coming to Wii and possibly, but probably not, being developed by Monster Games (according to someone with a rather legimate email address).
4) A new Skies of Arcadia for the Wii seems to be a yes.
5) No Wave Race, Luigi's Mansion's 2, Excitebike (it's called Nitrobike) or 1080 for Wii. Punch-Out for Wii, if it has gone beyond the prototype that was made last year, is a remake of the original NES title.
6) KHIII, if it is coming out. is definitely coming to the Wii, they need the game's demographics (which lean a bit younger than your average SquareEnix fanboy) to purchase the title. They are Disney, who is co-publishing the title outside of Japan.
7) Sega does not want to bring back Shenmue. If I wanted to see the story conclude, I wouldn't be pushing for a game that probably is not going to happen, I'd be pushing for a graphic novel version (which is far more feasible than another extremely expensive game that would probably not break even).
8) Microsoft is not dropping Rare.
9) Heavy Rain an "adventure game" that features a number of things I've never seen before in a game and it has been in production for at least two years by now..
10) No Wario World sequel.
11) The next KOTOR is being worked on at BioWare, pre-production and some early production has been done internally at LucasArts, though.
12) Nintendo is most likely co-publishing Itadaki Street DS here stateside and the game is almost certainly to get a new name (and I have been told it was Nintendo's idea to release the game outside of Japan). If the game does well, Itadaki Street PSP may be released stateside. It's a Wonderful World is coming stateside next year as well.
13) Next year, I'm looking forward to Brutal Legend, Blocks, LMNO, Alive, Hail to the Chimp, Alan Wake, Prince of Persia, Heavy Rain, fl0wer, Getaway, Duke Nukem Forever (not that I cared for the previous games, but you have to wonder what was done with ten years of development), Max Payne 3, thatgamecompany's third PS3 game, The Outsider, Lego Batman, No More Heroes, Mushroom Men, Spore, as well as I few others I have forgotten.
14) Capcom character could happen in SSBB (I'd say Mega Man, who has his own Wii-exclusive coming next year), but a Square character seems highly unlikely.
15) Ghostbusters game is coming 2009, likely not being developed by ZootFly, and is coming to PS360 and possibly Wii.
16) Street Fighter IV is 2d/3d/cell-shaded on the PS360.
17) A new PSP is three or four years away
18) BG&E2 is coming is PS360Wii.
19) Activision has a title that supports the Wii Zapper coming in the near future.
20) Factor 5 would like to develop for Wii, but there are not any concrete plans for a title.
[*].disqus.comto your security software's whitelist.