2:32 PM on 10.22.2008
We knew it, you knew it. The old gamer stereotypes need to die off, and studies like this one just help to prove that we gamers are not all socially deficient shut-ins. In fact, the new study by IGN Entertainment and Ipsos Media CT shows that gamers may be better off than the non-gamers.
Here's the bullet points of this study, which polled 3,000 participants:
- 55% of gamers are married
- 48% have kids
- single gamers twice as likely to date
- average age of new gamers: 32
- average household income $79,000, better than non's $54k
- more socially active than non-gamers
- 13% more likey to go to the movies
- 11% morely likely to play sports
- 9% more likely to go out with friends
Take that, judgemental non-gamers! I don't even know how the old stereotypes are still around. Are they? This information is right in line with my friends and fellow gamers. Do you feel it is accurate?
Get comment replies by email. settings
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our comment moderatorsCan't see comments?
Anti-virus apps like Avast
or some browser extensions
can cause this. Easy fix: Add
to your security software's whitelist.