10:40 AM on 01.11.2011
Silicon Knights has been very quiet since the release of Too Human, but the studio has reared its head in an upcoming issue of Official Xbox Magazine, bringing some details of its next title, X-Men: Destiny.
Naturally, you want your information in easily digestible chunks, so here's a handy list of the current Intel:
- Game focuses on the "tough decisions that an average X-Man has to make."
- Set during a period where mutant hate is at its height, and when the X-Men have suffered a significant loss.
- The player character is the child of a "human zealot" who campaigns against mutants as "nature's greatest mistake."
- One of three characters to pick, all of whom are now part of official X-Men canon.
- The game features X-Genes, which allow you to build your character with the skills of other mutants.
- "Decision Moments" occur throughout the story, presumably Destiny's take on "moral" choices.
- Gambit, Magneto, Surge and Quicksilver are four of the famous faces who will pop up.
The last time Activision published an original Marvel game was with Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, a title that was generally well received (though I found it a little boring). Hopefully, X-Men: Destiny can top it. We could always do with some more good comic book games.
Silicon Knights' X-Men: Destiny - first details [CVG]
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our comment moderatorsCan't see comments?
Anti-virus apps like Avast
or some browser extensions
can cause this. Easy fix: Add
to your security software's whitelist.