Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter, the second facelift for the classic run-pray-and-spray series, is now available as a PC download according to Croteam.
Like the first revitalization, Second Encounter boasts new secrets to find, a new co-operative mode to explore, and 16-player hyper frag action. Of course the reason you'll want to play is in an attempt to rediscover the reason why you loved the game way back in the 2001 -- the same year Activision acquired Treyarch and Sega of America sued the hell out of a pre-Martha Stewart K-Mart. Check below the fold for all the new features and whatnot.
- Three ancient worlds to ruin: South America, ancient Mesopotamia and medieval Europe.
- NEW! Over 130 secrets including over 15 brand new ones hidden amongst the carnage.
- Take on 27 outlandish warriors in Lord Mental's army, including old favorites like the Beheaded Kamikaze, Syrian Werebull and Kleer Skeleton.
- NEW! Go head to head against five new enemies and three new bosses.
- Special Weapons and Power-Ups including three new toys: the Sniper Rifle, Flamethrower and Chainsaw.
- NEW! Co-Op Modes - Up to 16 players in campaign Co-Op mode and Co-Op Survival.
- NEW! Deathmatch Modes - Eight classic and brand new deathmatch maps for up to 16 players.
- NEW! Multiplayer Survival Mode - Try to stay alive as long as you can against continued enemies’ attacks in specially designed survival maps.
- NEW! Versus Modes - Fight against your friends in more versus matches including all new Beast Hunt and My Burden modes.
- NEW! Team Modes - Compete against other groups in team matches including Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag and Last Team Standing.
Tip: You can swipe photos or use your arrow keys