Scraps: No time for love, Dr. Jones
Not a lot of time tonight, I'm afraid, so this is going to be a quickie. I have to get packing for the trip up to CES and I haven't done a damn thing yet. I even have laundry yet to do. I'm so screwed.
Anyway, here are stories that we didn't cover today:
- Midway Games is facing a whole hell of a lot of debt which is supposed to be paid off two weeks from now. The noose has been loosened a bit as its former parent company grants a thirty day extension for their half of the cash owed. [Variety]
- Best Buy is expanding their operations a bit by moving into airports. Before you go looking for a tiny store next to a luggage shack, check the vending machine areas. The new machines will vend DS handhelds and games. [1Up]
- Is there a new Time Crisis on the horizon? People are starting to speculate that this may be the case, as a new trademark filing with a for "Time Crisis Strike". [Siliconera]
- The US Army has been using videogames as recruitment tools for a long time. Now, they're using them as a recruiting center, having opened up an arcade in Philadelphia. [411mania]
Hit the jump for some original content from around the web.
Setup email comments
- This is an interesting interview with the co-founder of PopCap games. I find it fascinating how even the simplest of games require close attention and difficult decisions to make them the most polished and addictive they can be.
- Jeff Gertsmann has determined that Sonic simply isn't designed with him in mind any longer. But is it being aimed at kids? And if it's targeted at that audience, is it fair for those of us who may have outgrown the series to be so judgemental of it?
- I loves me some arcades, but probably not as much as Kotaku's Brian Ashcraft. He's written what looks to be a really good book on the world of Japanese arcades that I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick up. GameSetWatch has an interview with him.
- Finally, one last interview. This time, it's Treasure's Masato Maegawa, and the discussion gives a pretty good wrap-up of the developers past and present, along with a glimpse at what the future might hold.
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our moderators
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.