Sanctum 2 developers continue to patch the game
Another patch is live on Steam
The developers of Sanctum 2 are really taking criticism to heart. As Patrick spoke about in his review, he was frustrated that resources would drop at each level's core, introducing a level of tedium brought about by running back and forth constantly. Also, the lack of resource sharing between players is frustrating, since you often times will find people stealing materials, and the lack of feedback when upgrading towers was puzzling.
Thankfully, Coffee Stain Studios has addressed all of these major issues in today's patch. Players now automatically gain resources at the end of each round (thus, also avoiding the theft of materials from others), you can now share resources with each other, and tower upgrade requirements are now displayed on screen.
This isn't the first major patch either, as less than a week after release, Coffee Stain was hard at work addressing some other issues, despite the fact that they're already working on DLC for the game. I admire such tenacity, and it's nice to see a studio actually listen to their fans. I would like a lot more fundamental emphasis on tower defense compared to the FPS aspect that Sanctum 2 brought to the table personally, but hopefully the developers will continue to fine tune their game and make it even better.
Sanctum [Coffee Stain Studios forums]
Setup email comments
Unsavory comments? NEW
- Resource Sharing - Players can now share their resources with other players by injecting their resources into other players, similar to when you upgrade towers. Do this by aiming at another player and hold LMB (tower resources) or RMB (tower bases).
- Resources - the amount required to upgrade a tower is now displayed in the upgrade bar.
- Resources - no longer drop by the core, players recieve resources directly now.
- Towers - are more powerful now; upgrade bonuses at new level thresholds are significantly higher.
- Enemies - swarm enemies (Runners, Pups, Snorkers) will come in much larger groups now instead of one at a time to differentiate them more from other enemies and make AoE better against them. Let the gibs, intestines and blood fly!
- Resource System - If a player leaves their resources are split among the other players to stay coherent with the new resource system.
- Amp Tower - stacking exploit fixed - only the strongest Amp Tower now affects nearby towers. It was getting a bit ridiculous. In light of this fix, leaderboards have been reset. On the bright side however, Amp Tower damage bonus has been increased & upgrade cost lowered.
- Enemy Scaling - Fixed scaling when players join/leave games. HP is scaled depending on what wave a player joins/leaves in. Should be more fair now.
- Icons - Fixed an oversight where the wrong icons were displayed in the PC version.
- Inactivity camera - no longer activates when you have the map enlarged.
- Pause Menu - Button for the Sanctum 2 Wiki added (go contribute!)
- Overcharge - the speed of overcharging increases the longer you do it.
- Save Files - fixed an issue where the game couldn’t detect a save file.
- Feat of Strength - Hardcore now applies the recycle penalty in survival.
- Minimap - Broken towers are displayed as broken on the minimap.
- Overcharge - damage 500 -> 600
- Plumber Shoes - damage 5000 -> 4000
- Phoenix - damage boost 50% -> 25%
- Unstable core - damage 750 -> 1000
- Against all odds - max bonus 40% -> 50%
- Adrenaline rush - speed boost 1% -> 2%, duration 5.5 sec -> 6 sec
- Core-Tower Synergy - can no longer decrease the damage of towers when used in combination with the resilient core perk
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our community fisters
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.