Rumortoid: Microsoft working on full-body motion sensing
Jesus. how far is this going to go? First we have waggle sensing. Later, more accurate, "one-to-one" waggle sensing. And then, earlier today, we heard rumors that Sony is working on some similar bullsh*t. Now, as if to top them all, another rumor says that Microsoft is going full-body with this bitch.
The folks at engadget just got a tip on this "sensor bar" tech. It is supposed to sense full body movement without controllers. They say that there are two sensors, a mic, and a camera on this bar. This could mean that pelvic thrusts will finally become valid control gestures? God, I hope so.
Here some feature bulletpoints:
- Full body and hand gesture control of games / characters.
- In fighting games you kick, punch, duck, dive, jump and so forth with your body.
- It also picks up small hand gestures like pinching, grabbing and scrolling.
- There will also be video conferencing and games with video.
- Trivia game over the internet with live images of each person playing. When a question pops up, they can clap to buzz in.
- You can "move objects on your screen" and the other party can see what you're doing in real time.
- Sensor detects only the person playing, not folks observing on the couch.
The device in question is pictured above, right below the television. Nice. Grainy. It has to be real.
Damn it. Call me old-fashioned, but I just want to push buttons. I didn't want to move my hand around in the air in the first place, and now I sure a hell don't want to get up and move my whole body.
If this is real, I guess we'll see more of it at E3. I'm kind of hoping it isn't. Setup email comments
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our community fisters
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.