RTX: Halo 4 Forge details unveiled
[This weekend Destructoid is reporting live from RTX in Austin, Texas, the community based gaming expo for Rooster Teeth fans and everyone else.]
Forge, the world-building Halo tool that players have used to make and share levels and films (Red vs. Blue among them), will receive a couple upgrades in Halo 4.
During 343 Industries' Halo 4 Panel at RTX, Certain Affinity, who is co-developing the mode with 343, demoed the new Forge and showed off some of its new features, including:
- Players can jump into map without any load, including dynamic lighting.
- Objects give name and details on geometry when grabbed.
- Bridges and other repeating objects are now built in a fraction of the time through duplication.
- You can also easily duplicate objects (via down on d-pad) and can connect objects via a magnetized grid.
- You can now lock objects in place.
- All Forge objects look closer to the form in multiplayer maps.
- Player trait zone can be created which dictate player speed, gravity, damage absorption and other Spartan traits in a defined area. Example: A player makes a jump that he couldn't before he adjusted the gravity and speed traits.
- There still will be no undo/redo features due to networking issues
After running through the details, we were shown a chaotic player obstacle course created in Forge. This platforming stage required players to navigate across a ship under attack from endless, falling debris. It was basically Super Meat Boy played from first-person. Awesome.
Check back tonight for exclusive video of the Forge demo!
Setup email comments
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our moderators
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.