Rockstar will add heists to GTA Online this spring
Here's a preview of what's on the way
Rockstar has detailed what it has in store for GTA Online and while there's quite a lot of content planned, my eyes went straight for the line about the long-awaited Heist Missions. They're coming at some point this spring -- that's all the company was willing to say. Drat!
Next week, players will be able to create their own Capture Jobs if they're tired of making and playing Deathmatches and Races. There's also the High Life Update in the works -- it will allow players to own a second property with another garage, introduce the Mental State player statistic so we know how crazy our peers are, and add stuff like the Ballpup Rifle, the Dinka Thrust motorcycle, more cars, and additional high-end apartments.
Beyond this, Rockstar says holiday-themed content is scheduled for GTA Online as well and it'll be rolling out Story Mode DLC eventually. There's also a preview of upcoming changes to the game that will be delivered by way of title updates and dynamic tuning, viewable below.
Setup email comments
- The addition of a 'Non-Contact' option for Races. This will allow you to play standard Races with collisions disabled between player vehicles. Other players will appear as semi-transparent and you'll still be able to collide with non-player traffic, structures and other scenery, but this mode - for those who want to play it - will eliminate the "rubbing is racing" mentality that some wish to avoid.
- Players will be able to call Lester and have him tell his cop buddies to turn a blind eye to any crime you may or may not be committing for a short period of time.
- As a reward for players who leave feedback on Jobs, there will be some bonus RP granted every time a player likes or dislikes content after playing it.
- GTA$ payouts will be increased when completing Parachute, Races, Deathmatches and LTS Jobs with less than 4 players.
- As part of our ongoing commitment to target cheaters and keep the game as fair as possible, we are closing RP exploits and will be adjusting the RP totals of players who we know for certain to have gained illegitimate RP by cheating. Your RP will only be adjusted if you participated in mods, hacks, DNS redirects, manipulation of cloud files, or other similarly nefarious behavior. If you grinded short legitimate missions or otherwise gained a small amount of RP without modding, your RP should not be affected by this correction.
- We’ll be fixing the issue where players who had upgraded personal vehicles prior to Title Update 1.10 were only able to sell them for $10,000.
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our moderators
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.