I pretty much hate MTV Multiplayer because they sometimes have really good ideas that I want to steal, and if they were a smaller blog I could probably do it and bully them into submission -- like all good writers. However, they're too big to kick around so instead I have to link-leech like some foul and degraded peasant.
Case in point: They are going to start asking developers for a "to-do" list in their videogames, a rundown of things that you should really try before completing the game. I could have done that. Anyway, Rare has complied and written a list of things that Trouble in Paradise players really ought to attempt while tending their gardens:
1) Feed a Parrybo with Candary candy and watch it swashbuckle like a pirate.
2) Unpack a triggered trap thinking it’s a Sweetle only to find a Camelo staring back at you.
3) Accidentally feed a Doenut the fir tree seed and watch in surprise as he morphs into a Moojoo.
4) Have your brother’s high-level prize piñata soundly thrashed by your humble Whilrm in the P-Factor.
5) Watch a Sparrowmint ride a train around the garden until he fills up with candy - then send him to a party!
6) Spend the night fending off the Sour Sherbat then breathe a sigh of relief as the sun rises over Piñata Central and the little pest flies off for the day.
7) Take some time to watch the Piñata Central blimp fly over the garden while the sprinkling you hired keeps all your crops well watered.
8 ) Watch a Custacean with bunny slippers on walk out of his house and down the beach in the morning light, as if they’re off to fetch the morning paper.
That's pretty much the most surreal list I've ever seen. Anyway, Trouble in Paradise is out now and we'll have a review of it soon, once the problems with getting my copy are resolved. You should all go play it though, because it has awesome looking crabs in it.
[*].disqus.comto your security software's whitelist.