Nintendogs is one of the best selling games on the DS. Therefore it's no shock to see Crave announcing Purrpals, a pet simulator that focuses on kittens rather than puppies.
Unlike puppies however, cats are insane creatures with a specific hidden agenda. Please be aware of this fact as you allow Purrpals to inhabit your DS. It is absolutely possible that somehow your adorable baby kitten could hijack your gaming career and delete all of your saves. I care about you all and I only want to protect you from the danger you may be in at the hands of a kitten with nothing to live for.
Hit the jump for the press release.
[Thanks to Marley for the awesum picture!!]
Crave Entertainment, a leading publisher of console
videogames for the casual gamer, today announced
Purr Pals(tm), a full-featured pet simulator for
Nintendo DS(tm) that lets players adopt, care for,
and raise adorable kitten playmates.
Choose your favorite breed of kitten, give it a name,
feed it and play with it, all through the easy-to-use
Nintendo DS interface. Your kitten will even respond
to your voice, and interact with the environment you
provide. Earn an allowance to buy cute accessories
and toys for your pet.
* Choose from 40 breeds of kittens, each with
* Use proper care and training techniques to meet
your kitten's needs and desires
* Modify your kitten's behavioral traits
* Customize your kitten with limitless choices
* Use voice commands your kitten will respond
* Train your kitten with toys and food
* Interact with your kitten within the environment
* Compete in fun mini-games with you kitten
The game is expected to be available in late March
2007, just in time for kitten season, for an MSRP of