PS Vita sells 42,648 units in third week
The PlayStation Vita is three weeks old and it's been marked with yet another sharp sales decline. After selling 325,000 units in week one and 72,479 in week two, the Vita hits a fresh low with 42,648 sales.
The Media Create sales chart places the Vita in fourth position, yet again trailing behind the 3DS, PlayStation 3 and its PSP predecessor. Yet again, the top ten software chart contains no Vita games.
It's far too early to tell how the PlayStation Vita will eventually fare. While I've got a feeling it'll do okay in the long run, this is definitely a damp start, to say the least. Sony, to date, has refused to comment on the situation.
Expect Sony to talk a lot about how many Vita units it "shipped" in North America, while never telling us how many actually sold.
Setup email comments
- 3DS: 197,952
- PS3: 67,199
- PSP: 62,746
- Vita: 42,648
- Wii: 33,208
- DSi LL: 3,356
- 360: 2,453
- DSi: 2,418
- PS2: 1,659
- DS Lite: 28
- Mario Kart 7 (3DS, Nintendo) - 109,000 (1,160,000)
- Monster Hunter Tri G (3DS, Capcom) - 100,000 (985,000)
- Warriors Orochi 2 (PS3, Koei Tecmo) - 73.000 (274,000)
- Super Mario 3D Land (3DS, Nintendo) - 68,000 (1,080,000)
- Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3, Square Enix) - 61,000 (704,000)
- Inazuma Eleven Go: Shine / Dark (3DS, Level 5) - 48,000 (269,000)
- Just Dance Wii (Wii, Nintendo) - 33,000 (453,000)
- Kirby's Return to Dream Land (Wii, Nintendo) - 24,000 (537,000)
- Wii Party (Wii, Nintendo) - 23,000 (2,224,000)
- SD Gundam G Generation 3D (3DS, Bandai Namco) - 20,000 (111,000)
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our moderators
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.