In the past GameStop held expos for employees only, but this year they are inviting the public to check out new games, attend panels with developers, and "meet with a growing list of special guests and celebrities." Who knows what counts as a celebrity at a game expo, but we have a list of developers and publishers in attendance. I won't bother posting since it includes pretty much every major publisher you'd expect; everything from Ubisoft to Nintendo.
- Get your hands on the Wii U
- Get hands-on with Call of Duty: Black Ops II multiplayer
- Meet two-time NBA world champion and TV analyst Kenny Smith
- Meet the developers from Assassin’s Creed 3, Far Cry 3 and Splinter Cell Blacklist
- Play God of War Ascension, Wonderbook: Book of Spells, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time and other upcoming Sony titles
- Check out Medal of Honor Warfighter, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Crysis 3, Dead Space 3, SimCity, FIFA Soccer 13 and Madden NFL 13
- Dance with Plants vs. Zombies flash mob .... uh?
- Get your picture taken with Atlus' girl model -- ALRIGHT, I'M BACK IN!
There are plenty of good reasons to attend the expo, so you can bet I'll be there. Even if these games will be out only a couple months later, it still seems like a solid line-up. You can pay $35 for a general pass or $100 for VIP, which will get you access to VIP lines, an exclusive room to hang out in, and a GameSpot branded bag. Bags are pretty cool.
[GameStop via Polygon] [image]
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.