Kiwi game developer Grinding Gear has released the latest expansion to its popular action-RPG Path of Exile, titled Forsaken Masters.
After updating your game to version 1.2.0 you will at times cross paths with the seven Forsaken Masters. Each Master offers unique mission variations that they either need your help with, or want to train you to handle: Haku the Armourmaster may ask you to cleanse an ancestral area and recover a lost Karui spirit for him while Vorici, the Master Assassin, will train you in his deadly art.
As you complete missions for the Masters you will earn reputation. There are eight levels of reputation for each and as you unlock them, you'll gain access to more of what the Masters can offer you. From what I've read, the Forsaken Masters expansion seems pretty substantial.
If you'd like to find out even more about it, check out the game's announcement page or the read up on the official patch notes here.
Noteworthy changes to the game include:
- Dozens of mission variations: Earn reputation while completing increasingly difficult tasks for the Masters.
- Customizable hideouts: Create your own personalized town as a place to rest after battle or a quiet place to craft new items.
- Upgrade your crafting benches: More crafting options, such as the ability to modify sockets of corrupted items.
- New items and Mods: Craft new mods onto your items, Masters function as vendors that sell you items ranging from Skill Gems to Unique items.
- New support and skill gems: Overhauled Curses, new Skill Gems such as Tornado Shot, that fire arrows in all directions upon impact.
- New challenge leagues: These leagues are self-contained economies and provide an opportunity for players to demonstrate their mastery of Path of Exile.
- Updates to the passive skill tree: Redesigned large portions of the Passive Skill Tree - mostly focusing on the Witch, Shadow and outer Ranger areas.
- Revamped existing content: Updated many of the existing boss fights in Path of Exile. Encounters with Merveil, Brutus, Captain Fairgraves and other bosses have been made more intense and surprising.