Parts of Asia get short changed on PSN Welcome Back gifts
When Sony unveiled its PSN "Welcome Back" gift package to the world, some were impressed to see a few full retail PS3 and PSP games on the list. What's a few weeks of down time and potential identify theft if you can score a free download of LittleBigPlanet or inFAMOUS in the deal?
Well, it looks like the “Welcome Back" package for Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia isn't quite as generous. There are a few games that overlap, but there are definitely some big changes. Instead of big-budget, retail titles like LittleBigPlanet and inFAMOUS, you get launch-era PSN games like The Last Guy and Come on, LocoRoco!! BuuBuu Cocoreccho.
I'm actually happy to see The Last Guy on the list, as it's one of my favorite PSN games to date, but it's still a little weird that these countries aren't being offered games of the same value as the rest of the world. Are boys made of sacks and men who shoot electricity out of their hands taboo in Indonesia, or is there something else I'm missing to explain why Sony is offering these countries cheaper gifts?
Check out the full list of games after the jump. [Thanks, Chong Hiu Fung!]
Welcome Back Package for Hong Kong Singapore Malaysia Thailand and Indonesia[Asia.Playstation.com]
Setup email comments
- The Last Guy (Chinese/English Version)
- Come on, LocoRoco!! BuuBuu Cocoreccho (Chinese/English Version)
- Trashbox (Chinese/English Version)
- Hustle King (English Version)
- WipEout ®HD Bundle (English Version)
- Everybody's Stress Buster (Chinese/English Version)
- LittleBigPlanet™ (Chinese/English Version)
- LocoRoco™ -Midnight Carnival- (Chinese/English Version)
- Modnation™ Racer PSP® (Chinese/English Version)
Existing members can enjoy free download of the following theme for PlayStation®3
- Dokodemo Issyo Spring Theme
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our community fisters
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.