6:00 PM on 11.07.2007
Bring on the mods! Valve has announced that the Source SDK now supports The Orange Box. You know what that means, right? It means that new content Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Team Fortress 2, and Portal will be here soon enough. Included in the SDK are:
- The Hammer World Editor, which provides the capability of creating custom levels for Source engine-based games
- Valve's custom Faceposer tool that allows users to produce choreographed sequences in the Source engine
- A model viewer that allows artists to preview models and their animations quickly and easily
- Source code that allows mod makers to create their own game based on Half-Life 2 or Half-Life 2:Deathmatch
- All of the tools required to make build custom textures and models for Source engine games
Head on over to Steam for the download, and don't forget to take a look at the release notes while you're at it.
Do any of you creative types have plans to utillize the new SDK? Some maps for Portal or Team Fortress 2 would be greatly appreciated right about now.
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our comment moderatorsCan't see comments?
Anti-virus apps like Avast
or some browser extensions
can cause this. Easy fix: Add
to your security software's whitelist.