Orange Box games added to Source SDK
Bring on the mods! Valve has announced that the Source SDK now supports The Orange Box. You know what that means, right? It means that new content Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Team Fortress 2, and Portal will be here soon enough. Included in the SDK are:
- The Hammer World Editor, which provides the capability of creating custom levels for Source engine-based games
- Valve's custom Faceposer tool that allows users to produce choreographed sequences in the Source engine
- A model viewer that allows artists to preview models and their animations quickly and easily
- Source code that allows mod makers to create their own game based on Half-Life 2 or Half-Life 2:Deathmatch
- All of the tools required to make build custom textures and models for Source engine games
Head on over to Steam for the download, and don't forget to take a look at the release notes while you're at it.
Do any of you creative types have plans to utillize the new SDK? Some maps for Portal or Team Fortress 2 would be greatly appreciated right about now. Setup email comments
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our moderators
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.