But hey! The 3DS has finally crossed 8 million units! Which is cool, until you realize that it still has 3 million to go to reach the 10.8 million total in Japan. You know, that tiny country with only 40% of the population of the US? Yeah, what's up with that?
Overall sales are down 25% year over year, despite having "the same number of February launches that landed in the top ten ranking this year as there were last February, collectively," according to NPD analyst Liam Callahan. At least E3 is happy that both Dead Space 3 and Crysis 3 placed first and third on the software chart. Additionally, the Skylanders brand continues to be a money-maker -- software and figurines contributed a cool $35 million to the monthly total.
Now without further ado, I give you the top ten games list:
Top 10 software chart (SKUs combined)
- Dead Space 3 (360, PS3, PC)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II (360, PS3, Wii U, PC)
- Crysis 3 (360, PS3, PC)
- NBA 2K13 (360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PSP, PC)
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3, 360)
- Aliens: Colonial Marines (360, PS3, PC)
- Just Dance 4 (Wii, 360, PS3, Wii U)
- Far Cry 3 (360, PS3, PC)
- Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3, PSV)
- Madden NFL 13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSV, Wii U)
Dead Space 3 Leads U.S. Sales in February [IGN via NeoGAF]
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.