4:20 PM on 05.05.2010
I can't say that I'm actively playing the Xbox LIVE Arcade release of Perfect Dark, but if that was the case, today's news of a title update would surely put a smile on my face. It's packed full of stuff the community has undoubtedly been asking for, and best of all, it goes live tomorrow.
- Legacy controls
- Southpaw (left-handed) controls
- Swap Triggers control option
- Lock Sight control option
- Precision Aim sensitivity tuning
- Hardcore (No Radar, No Auto-Aim, No Highlights, Combat only) matchmaking playlist
- Gamma (brightness) option
- Secondary Fire Reset option in Combat Simulator
- Quick Menu select using either Left or Right stick
- Player Handicap reinstated in local multiplayer
- Client player progress recorded in Live Co-Op game
- Progress recorded for all primary players (main player on each console) in Live Challenges
- Counter-Op progress recorded for both players if Jo player successfully completes the level
- Achievement fixes including 'Tools of the Trade' (anyone who's earned but not received it will now do so), ‘Who Needs Enemies’ (awarded to Counter-Op player after a full mission's progress), ‘How's
- That For Starters?’ (awarded to Counter-Op player if Jo player completes first level)
- Increased duration of explosions to better match the N64 experience
- Laptop Gun sentry mode performance adjusted to match the N64 experience
What's the verdict, Perfect Dark players? Will the issues you've potentially been having be addressed by this latest patch?
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our comment moderatorsCan't see comments?
Anti-virus apps like Avast
or some browser extensions
can cause this. Easy fix: Add
to your security software's whitelist.