New Spore patch fixes small issues, also new planet type
Today, Electronic Arts announced a decent sized patch for the PC version of Spore. The patch fixes a plethora of issues that the Spore community has vocalized having problems with, along with a few bugs.
The biggest change deals with multiple deletions and bannings in the Sporepedia. By holding down the control key, players will be able to rid more than one phallic creature in their universe. The other big change is a new kind of planet style called Cubes. If deduction isn’t your thing – Cube planets will look like cubes.
If you’re interested in the rest of the fixes, hit the break. If you have the EA Download Manager/Soul stripper, you’ll automatically be prompted to download and install the update. For those of you out there who don’t have the client, it can be downloaded here.
Setup email comments
- Hold down the Control key in Sporepedia to select multiple creations for deleting or banning
- Hold down the Shift key in Sporepedia to select a range of creations for deleting or banning
- New planet style: Cubes
- Fix for game entry screen turning black when banning a creature in a Saved game
- Fixed issue with flora card in Sporepedia
- Space phase: Fixed graphic issue with water levels not updating properly with terraform tools so that visible water and atmosphere levels will now correspond in the Atmosphere monitor
- Fixed problems introduced via atmospheric and drought terraforming tools
- Improved gaits for multi-legged creatures
- Improved gaits for creatures with 2 limbs, but without any feet
- Space phase: Fixed missing VOX in some animations in Comm Screen
- Fixed audio issue with switching mode to 5.1 breaking music and VOX
- Fixed audio syncing issue when minimizing and/or maximizing Spore before opening video
- Fixed crash with city music player when Save and Load dialogs are present
- Fix for audio lag and missing models due background loading slow-down on certain single-processor machine configurations. This fix improved overall stability on this machine configuration
- Space phase: Tuned relationship status to update in communication window after completing a mission
- Tribe phase: Tuned Normal difficulty mode to make social game easier
- Fixed the ESC key to consistently skip the Spore introduction movie
- Creators: YouTube video uploads are set to private. Go to YouTube.com and log in. Then go to Account >> My Videos to set them to Public if you want to share your videos with the world
- Creators: Fixed limb joints not being selectable behind other limbs
- Tribe phase: Fixed crash while harvesting fruit and fish
- Space phase: Fixed timing bug using Planet Buster during Grox invasion
- Space phase: Fixed destroyed turrets mission
- Space phase: Fixed crash when zooming out to full galactic view from the center of the galaxy
- Fixed for game entry screen staying zoomed in after deleting a game and entering/exiting Sporepedia
- Space phase: Fixed City Hall updating bug. City Hall will now update to correct version if player has chosen a new City Hall during the transition from Civilization phase to Space phase
- Space phase: Fixed Vehicles updating bug. Vehicles chosen in the Colony planner will now update without requiring the player to leave and re-enter a planet's atmosphere
- Fixed crash when transitioning from Tribe phase to Civilization phase
- Discontinued the Bad Baby Achievement
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our community fisters
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.