Initially, we just had a nebulous "after launch" release date for DmC: Devil May Cry's free Bloody Palace arena mode, but now it seems as if one is set in stone -- February 19 for the PlayStation 3, and February 20 for the Xbox 360.
For those who aren't familiar with the franchise, Bloody Palace is basically an arena-like mode that offers up a lengthy post-game challenge, as well as a training ground to hone your skills, combos, cancels, and timing.
Expect my impressions of both the Bloody Palace mode and the Vergil DLC close to their release. Although I wasn't very impressed by Ninja Theory's latest take on one of my favorite franchises of all time, I have a feeling some extra content may placate my disappointment, if only a little.
Bloody Palace [Capcom Unity]
For those who are interested, here are the patch notes for the Bloody Palace content update:
- Poison AI issue addressed (she no longer enters non-interactive state)
- Lessened damage and style boost from Demon Evade
- Arbiter "Drop" now causes damage and style gain even if jump-canceled
- Non-damaging moves no longer provide style points
- Damage done by weakest enemies increased
- Damage done by all enemies increased on Nephilim and Son of Sparda modes
- Adjusted attack (parry) windows for Rage spin move
- SS and SSS will now decay back down to S if you stop gaining style
- No more eternal angel glide (where Dante flies around)