1:16 PM on 07.09.2007
These Grand Theft Auto IV scans are from the latest issue of the British gaming mag Games TM. The 7-page-long exclusive preview contains details about the gameplay and some brand new in-game pics that make me feel all warm inside. Here's a quick list with some of the notes from the article:
- *The cell you saw in the trailer appears to be a big part of the game. Instead of buying weapons at Ammu-Nation you can call "Little Jakob", a caribbean weapon dealer, who will provide you with guns.
- *There is a menswear store called "Perseus"
- *The "Tw@ Café" internet Café from GTA III is back. You can surf the Internet from every computer in the game.
- *You will be able to use taxis to get around. You can watch the drive from the ego-perspective or you can skip the whole thing by pressing the proper button.
- *Every crime committed increases the wanted level. As soon as you reach a certain level a search area appears on the radar. If you escape from such an area without being spotted by pedestrians/cops, the wanted level falls back. If you are spotted by a witness, the area changes to the place where you were last spotted.
Sounds to me like they want to make this chapter more realistic. What do you guys think? Is it a good thing or a bad thing? The shift in how your wanted level works will have a huge impact on the game -- instead of just hoping you didn't get seen, you'll have to be a bit more careful with your indiscriminate killing.
Check out all the scans below in their Brit-tastic glory.
Get comment replies by email. settings
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our comment moderatorsCan't see comments?
Anti-virus apps like Avast
or some browser extensions
can cause this. Easy fix: Add
to your security software's whitelist.