New Fantasy Wars scree ... OMG ponies!
Just another RTS with ponies? Probably. The glistening teeth on the jolly mount drew me in to these new screenshots posted by Russian publisher 1C for their upcoming PC release Fantasy Wars, scheduled for a European release at the end of May. Here's a rough translation of what's in the Cracker Jack:
• Three campaigns distinct dependent between them by the screen from an original scenario.
• Possibility of incarnating nine types of armies such as the Human ones, Orcs, Goblins…
• Plus of 70 units is proposed in the play.
• Each unit has its specificities and its experiment.
• System of evolution of the army.
• Of the environments entirely in 3D.
• Multijoueurs Modes up to 4: LAN, Internet, Hotseat.
We love us some hotseat, it happens here every day on Destructoid. You should see the e-mails we get! Anyway, the thing that struck me as interesting is their stylized sense of scale. For example, the trees are about the size of most units while larger fantasy units are easily the size of castle towers. I prefer this over half-invisible camera tricks, but the close up of units suggest it may suffer the same problems. The MMO-style HUD is also notable. Hmmm.
While we're looking forward to playing this import ... and you can call me old fashioned on this one ... but does RTS really get any better than Starcraft, really? I haven't played Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars yet, but I'm standing by that.
Photo Gallery: (11 images) Setup email comments
Click to zoom - browse by swipe, or use arrow keys
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our community fisters
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.