More details emerge on Fallout New Vegas
Subscribing to a magazine comes with its own perks. For one, you pay less per issue than store-buyers. For two, you get your copies a little earlier than most. Perk number two applies in this case, as it seems PC Gamer subscribers received a huge six-page preview of Fallout: New Vegas in next month's issue.
Thankfully, an unstated perk number three exists, in that the internet inevitably spoils all huge early previews. A thread found on Bethesda's forums (and synopsized by fansite Duck and Cover) did exactly that, spilling the following details:
- It's a first-person view game, using the same engine as Fallout 3 (sorry, GamesAreArt)
- A new "Hardcore mode" will be available, in which (among other things) stimpacks heal over time, ammo has weight, and players can suffer from dehydration.
- The story focuses on a conflict between three factions: the New California Republic (a nation from Fallout 2), "Caesar's Legions," based on the Vegas strip, and the residents of New Vegas.
- The player is not a Vault Dweller but a courier who is rescued by a friendly robot.
- Super Mutants resembling those from Fallout 2 make an appearance, including the unique (and stealthy) Nightkin.
- A "reputation system" measuring faction friendliness operates beside the karma system.
- Some story points and locations seem to have been lifted from the old "Van Buren" demo, including the Hoover Dam.
- Followers can be managed via a context-sensitive menu containing commands such as "follow," "stay" and "attack."
These and more details can be found on the Duck and Cover thread. So far it all sounds quite exciting. What do you think?
Fallout: New Vegas info emerges from an early release mag [Duck and Cover]
Reblog (or) Blog Reply
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our comment moderatorsCan't see comments?
Anti-virus apps like Avast
or some browser extensions
can cause this. Easy fix: Add
to your security software's whitelist.