Microsoft releases stats for the Xbox Live Video Marketplace
I'm sure there are quite a few people who have never downloaded any video content from the Xbox Live Marketplace yet. Some were permanently turned off when they tried to rent a movie the day the service launched and experienced horrible download speeds. Others would rather just get their movies from Netflix.
Whatever the case may be, Microsoft wants to make it clear that we are missing out and that they are kicking ass and taking
· Within four months of launching, Xbox LIVE has become the number one online distributor of television and feature film content in the living room where it's most easy for consumers to access.
· In the same four months, the service has quickly become the number two online distributor of television and feature film content, second to iTunes.
· Is currently the ONLY online distributor of major feature films and television programming in high definition (HD) resolution.
· The service is a breakout success, with double-digit, month-over-month growth since launching.
· Monthly downloads from Xbox LIVE went up 400 percent since the service launched in November.
The only video I've ever downloaded was of comedian Kyle Cease
doing standup. It downloaded quickly and was well worth the paying for. Have you ever taken the Video Marketplace for a spin and if you did, were you happy with the service? Setup email comments
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our community fisters
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.