MEAT! Bonk: Brink of Extinction to hit WiiWare/XBLA/PSN
Hudson is really mining the hell out of its TurboGrafx-16 library these days, and I for one couldn't be happier about it. Before the SNES was released, the TG-16 was my 16-bit system of choice, despite the fact that it was really only as powerful as two NESs duct-taped together. That's why I'm ready to smash-my-head-into-the-faces-of-strangers-then-eat-the-meat-that-pops-out-of-them with delight over the announcement of Bonk: Brink of Extinction. This is the first all new Bonk game to be released in the US since Super Bonk came out in 1994, and for that reason alone, I want to eat dino-chops.
Just like with the new Okami game on the DS, I'm also little nervous that this new Bonk game wont live up to its heritage. Bonk himself is looking a little weird here, and not half as cool as he did in the Gamecube/PS2 remake of the original game. Still, a weird looking new Bonk is still better than no new Bonk at all, and that new white mohawk he's sporting in the gallery looks pretty threatening.
I like threatening!
Hit the jump for the full press release
Setup email comments
Bonk. Is. Back! Hudson's loveable caveman makes his long-awaited return and has brought his enormously giant head with him! Get ready for an all new adventure exclusively on Xbox LIVE®Arcade, Playstation®Network, and WiiWare™ in Spring 2010! Photo Gallery: (4 images)
A doomsday comet, surrounded by smaller chunks of debris, is on a collision course with Earth. A strange magnetic field around the comet seems to be driving most of the planet’s weak-willed creatures crazy, and smaller bits of debris are smashing into the jungle near Bonk's home. Bonk must undertake a perilous journey that will take him to the very center of the planet to save the world.
The Return Of The Most Widely Requested Classic Platformer
• Story Mode with Co-Op play. Play alone or have a friend join you at any time!
• An entire new adventure with Bonk as he swims, bites, climbs, jumps, runs, and head-butts his way through jungles, deserts and volcanic caverns
• Search for help along the way: power ups, check points, and extra health are the staple for every adventuring caveman.
• Transformations are back and weirder than ever! Now Bonk can transform himself into eight different forms by eating meat or encountering Primordial Jelly. No enemy is safe from the boy with the super noggin!
• Online play for the first time in the series!
• New enemies with incredible variations in personalities and abilities. Beware the Raptor Unicycle Tank!
• Classic 2D platforming in a 3D world.
• Tons of collectibles will have you searching the entire prehistoric world.
Join us as we welcome Bonk back into our hearts! For those who haven't played the originals, you're in for a prehistoric side-scrolling adventure, the likes of which you've never seen! Coming soon for XBLA, PSN, and WiiWare.
Click to zoom - browse by swipe, or use arrow keys
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our moderators
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.