The demo for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning has a date: January 17, 2012, on PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. Playing it will unlock two free Reckoning-themed items for Mass Effect 3 and three items for Reckoning itself. Likewise, playing the Mass Effect 3 demo, which should hit sometime this month, will give you two items to use in Reckoning: N7 Armor and Omniblade Daggers.
The Reckoning demo will feature the tutorial and character creation segments, followed by 45 minutes to spend in part of the game's open world to do what you like. As someone who generally misses out on all the U.S. pre-order bonus DLC, playing a free demo to get more free crap in games I already want to play is something I can get behind.
Check out the full bonus item descriptions below and see what they look like in the gallery.
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning demo item unlocks for Mass Effect 3:
- Reckoner Knight Armor: This armor will maximize damage done in close-quarters combat while a beefed–up power cell feeds energy into weapon systems to increase projectile velocity.
- The Chakram Launcher: This weapon uses a fabricator to manufacture lightweight, explosive ammunition discs. This weapon is earned after completing the Reckoning demo and watching the trailer at the end.
Mass Effect 3 demo item unlocks for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning:
- N7 Armor: Players can unlock special armor inspired by Commander Shepard’s iconic N7 battle armor including Helm, Cuirass, Gauntlets, Chausses and Greaves.
- Onmiblade Daggers: A holographic blade stemming from Commander Shepard’s Omni-Tool, the Omni-blade allows players to stab enemies in close combat. Once players install and play the Mass Effect 3 demo, they will unlock the daggers.
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning demo item unlocks for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning:
- Twist of Fate Card: This card boosts the player’s ice resistance and is immediately unlocked when he or she activates the Reckoning demo using his or her Origin account.
- Twinned Souls Chakram: A unique weapon that damages enemies while boosting player health and mana in Reckoning.
- The Infernal Helm: Unlocked after completing the Reckoning Tutorial Mode, this protective helmet increases players’ fire damage throughout Amalur.