Maingear's entry to the Steam Machine market is the small form factor Spark. The system weighs less than one pound, and is smaller than a DVD case. Dimension wise, it's 4.5” width, 4.23 depth, and 2.34” in height.
Okay, so it's tiny. Big deal. What's under the hood is what's really important. It's got the AMD A8-5557M 3.1GHz processor, AMD Radeon R9 M275X GDDR5 2GB, and offers up to 16GB of 1600MGz memory. There's four USB 3.0 ports, one mSATA slot that supports up to 356GB, and one 2.5"HHD tray supporting SATA III 6GB/s.
You can see the full spec breakdown below. As for price, none has been announced yet and the press release never mentioned the inclusion of the Steam controller unlike some of the competitors.
- Processor: AMD A8-5575M, 4 threads, 2.1 –3.1 GHz
- Video Card: AMD Radeon R9 M275X
- Memory: 2 x SO-DIMM DDR3L, 1600/1333 MHz, Max.16GB
- Hard Drive: 1 x mSATA slot support SSD up to 256GB, 1 x 2.5’’ HDD tray support SATA III 6Gb/s
- Network Adapter: GigabitLAN (Realtek RTL8111G)
- Audio: Realtek ALC269
- WiFi: IEEE802.11b/g/n,/ac 2.4 -5Ghz bands, Bluetooth: v4.0/ 3.0+HS, 2402MHz~2483MHz
- Expansion Slots: 1 x mSATA slot and 1 X Half size mini-PCIe slot occupied by WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth 4.0 & 3.0 combo half mini card
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows® 7, Professional or Ultimate 64-Bit or Windows 8.1, SteamOS
- Power Supply: 135W power adapter with power cord, Input: AC 100-240V, Output: DC 19V, 7.1A
- I/O Ports: 1 x HDMI-Out, 1 x Mini DisplayPort, 4x USB 3.0, 1 x RJ45, 1 x Audio, 1 x Kensington Lock
- Dimensions: (W)4.5" x (H)2.34" x (D)4.23"
- Weight: 0.89 LBs
- Price: TBA