While I was growing up my mother always taught me that revenge was a dish best served cold. Well Mom, today the dish is being served lukewarm. If you checked out our previous Dark Souls 2 stream you'll remember that Phil insisted in trying to mess with me while I played the already difficult game. This culminated in my threat to wear Phil's teacup poodle Hank as a hat. I'm not proud of that.
Now the shoe is on the other foot. That's right, I get to mess with Phil in any and every way that you all want. Hell yes! And if that's not enough craziness for you, we're ending the show with some Goat Simulator. So buckle up kiddos, things are about to go nuts just at 2PM PDT over on Dtoid.tv! Make sure you're there for all of the insanity!
Now, while I'm being sneaky down here it's time to talk about our really rad giveaway we're doing on the channel. We're handing out a copy of Watch_Dogs when it releases. Want to enter? Hit that subscribe button on the channel OR send in a postcard. The details are down there under the post. Go check it out if you care. Oh, and all of the giveaway stuff will be handled off of Twitch so don't worry about crazy Twitch laws.
1. Eligibility: destructoid.com contests are usually provided by sponsors who, due to customs and shipping costs (yay budgets), often limit participation to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (unless otherwise stated) and are at least 12 years of age. We encourage our overseas friends to be super sneaky and make a friend in the United States who can receive your prize, and then you two figure out the customs/logistics. Be cautious about who you trust, obviously. Employees of destructoid.com, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Contests, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with the Contests (collectively “Contest Entities”) and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are *not* eligible and will be fired and publicly beaten if are caught participating. All U.S., federal, state and local and regulations apply.
2. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. Entry Period: The start and end dates/times of each Contest (the “Entry Period”) will be posted on the applicable Contest site.
4. Entry: To enter a Contest, follow the instructions on the Contest site. Submission will result in one (1) entry. The number of times you can enter the Contest will be posted on the applicable Contest site. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person, with the exception of patron members who may enter contests by logging into their 'perks' page.
5. Drawing: Unless otherwise specified in the contest details above, we will select the names of the potential winners in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during each Entry Period. The number of winners to be selected in a specific Contest will be posted on the applicable Contest site. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Potential winners will be contacted via email and will be asked to provide their full name, age and mailing address within a specified time period. If a potential winner does not respond within the timeframe stated in the notification email, we may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all entries received during the Entry Period. Limit one (1) prize per household per Contest.
6. Requirements of the Potential Winners: Winners will be notified by the e-mail address associated with their account on destructoid.com and/or receive a Private Message on destructoid.com or through a Twitter Direct Message/Facebook message. Winners have five (5) days from the original message alerting them of their winnings to respond and claim their prize. If no winner comes forward within five business days, the prize will be forfeited and raffled again where destructoid's hardcore fans are most active (forums/community blogs/facebook group).
7. Prize(s): The prize(s) (including each prize’s approximate retail value) available to be won in a specific Contest will be posted on the Contest site. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winners are responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize. Prizes will be mailed between 1 to 45 business days after winners have replied with their required info.
8. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
11. Contest Results: To enter the contest without needing to buy/sell anything or request a written copy of the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (stating the specific Contest you are requesting the winners for) to destructoid.com Contest Winners, 548 Market Street #59757, San Francisco, CA 94104 USA. We run many contests, so please be specific in what you are requesting. Winner requests must be received within thirty (30) days from the end date of the applicable contest (they're always posted on our site though). Winners are usually posted the day following the contest on our contest section.
Lastly, destructoid has the right to kick your ass and take away your prize if you are a total dick, so be cool and don't kick any puppies on your way to victory. Have fun with our contests and be a good sport when you win or lose. Remember: First you get the power, then you get the money, then get the baby.
This blog submitted to our editor via our Community Blogs, and then it made it to the home page! You can follow community members and vote up their blogs - support each other so we can promote a more diverse and deep content mix on our home page.
Pixie The Fairy As I leave to go home to a meal of chili mac and possibly to watch Alien 3, I leave you with this thought: Farts.Torchman Question: What are the Persona Classics dlc sets like for Dancing All Night? Because I'm half interested, but if the characters used for the costumes aren't the best then eh... I know Nanako has a Aegis costume iirc but that's about it.VIRGO DeNA boss says that the Nintendo mobile games are coming soon. Hurry up and reveal the damn thing so I can know if I should be excited, interested, or disappointed? Pixie The Fairy There's a tumor going around the Episode II of Zeldas is getting a remaster. Meanwhile, Link's Awakening 3D would have been appreciated much more.
[img]http://zeldawiki.org/images/thumb/6/6e/Twilight.jpg/300px-Twilight.jpg[/img]CoilWhine I was playing MGSV, doing a Mine Clearing Side Op and saw a bear. I pelted it with tranq bullets, few seconds later it ran into a mine and blew up, alerting the enemies in the process. Holy shit I love this game.OverlordZetta Nintendo giveth, and Nintendo taketh away. Now coming next Thursday!gajknight The wait for Dragon Quest Heroes is killing me. AR challenges in Arkham Knight do not fill the void! Not even Cat-woman's nice butt can fill the void. These 3 days will be a trial. :(BaronVonSnakPak A client tipped me $50 today at a job site, which lead to me only spending $10 + tax for Dragon Quest Heroes.
Slime time baby.ChrisHannard Glory to The Many. The Many sings to us. RadicalYoseph Daily VGM #22 (Witcher 2) - Pam Pa Ram (The Witcher 3)
Instant classic 10/10. It's a travesty it wasn't included in the soundtrack. Maybe CDPR is preparing for a special second disc release? I sure hopeVIRGO Oh, look at that, the rough draft I choose not to delete of this paper I need to do! I can keep adding to that instead of starting over and getting frustrated and quitting. What a novel concept!Jiraya Boys & Girls Whatcha doing ? Have you watched Shimoneta ? GO SEE IT
OverlordZetta And speaking of Yo-Kai Watch, it sounds like the demo's out!El Dango Hello, Thomas. I see you're looking at our fine selection of quickposts. Do they please you?OrochiLeona Overwatch Beta livestreaming Thursday. All aboard the AWESOME train. CHOO! CHOO!PSISomething EXTREMELY SPOOPY TRAILER
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-cIGX8kE_g[/youtube]OverlordZetta I'm coming to realize my time off from blogging has made the progress I made at being succinct fade away into nothingness, as the world will see in about an hour. I also made Valkyrie Drive's boobs even more boring at Japanator last night! Somehow.VIRGO Apparently, Kero Blaster got an update... Neat.Barry Kelly [url="http://store.steampowered.com/app/397550"]Deus Ex: Revision is now a thing that's on Steam for free