Launch Mario Kart 8 quicker with the new Wii U system update
The Quick Start Menu is here
Nintendo has released the Wii U Quick Start Menu earlier than some of us were expecting -- it's available in a new system update, rolling out now. By turning on the GamePad with its power or home button, a menu will appear that lets you launch recently played or installed software. This feature is going to be a real time-saver, and there's more to the update:
- Wii U GamePad Alerts (special notifications from Nintendo) can be displayed on the GamePad when the Wii U is powered down
- System updates will now automatically install after download when the Wii U is in Standby
- The User Settings screen now displays when users select their User Mii from the Wii U Menu
- The design and layout of the Users Settings screen has been updated
- Quick Start Menu options have been added to Power Settings
- A Notification icon is now available on the HOME Menu, allowing users to launch the Notifications feature from the HOME Menu
- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience
It took a while to get everything set up, but my goodness, the new menu rocks. It pops up after only a couple seconds and is fast to launch your games as promised.
Wii U System and Feature Updates [Nintendo] Setup email comments
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our moderators
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.