Killing Floor going crazy for Christmas next week
The co-op horror first-person shooter Killing Floor is getting a makeover for Christmas, and it sounds rather absurd. The event kicks off next Tuesday as a free download and continues to January 4. I never thought a nutcracker could be legitimately terrifying, but that's the Internet for you. Here is what's in store:
- All new level -- Santa's Evil Lair
- All creatures in game replaced with Christmas themed monsters including the Gingerfast and the Nutpound
- More than double the achievement count with over 130 total achievements
- 13 new Christmas achievements
- Unlockable "Baddest Santa" playable character
- All new difficulty level beyond suicidal -- Hell on Earth
- Balance improvements
What's more, Tripwire and Valve are doing some cool cross-game promotion. The Pyro from Team Fortress 2 will be a playable character in Killing Floor for owners of both games, and similarly, TF2 is getting Mr. Foster's gas mask and tie as new equipable items.
Lastly, the game is getting the "London's Finest" add-on pack while these Christmas shenanigans are taking place. Now that I own a computer -- one that can play games released after 2006 -- I'll need to get in on this fun. Drat! Their marketing ploy worked! Setup email comments
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our community fisters
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.