Check out the screens that have been posted below, and if you want a quick run down of some of the features planned for Starbound, scroll past the gallery.
After going through all of the different parts of the Roadmap, it's clear to me that Starbound is so much more ambitious than Terraria, which itself was far deeper than it initially let on. If you aren't keen on looking through the whole site, here are some features that you may want to know about, in handy bulleted list form for quick consumption.
- There appear to be six different playable races, with distinct genders
- Each race has its own style of village and dungeon
- Party mechanics will be implemented for multiplayer
- Hunger and temperature will be factors to keep in mind
- Planet biomes are determined by planet size and distance from the system's star
- Each planet has one dungeon to explore
- Alien creatures will be procedurally generated and include quadrupeds, bipeds, humanoids, and more
- NPCs will have missions that give the player more direction
- Vehicles are planned, including mechs and hoverbikes
I'm losing my mind just thinking about all of this. I can't wait for all of those progress bars to fill up so we can get our hands on it!Photo Gallery: (46 images)
Click to zoom - browse by swipe, or use arrow keys
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.