After going through all of the different parts of the Roadmap, it's clear to me that Starbound is so much more ambitious than Terraria, which itself was far deeper than it initially let on. If you aren't keen on looking through the whole site, here are some features that you may want to know about, in handy bulleted list form for quick consumption.
- There appear to be six different playable races, with distinct genders
- Each race has its own style of village and dungeon
- Party mechanics will be implemented for multiplayer
- Hunger and temperature will be factors to keep in mind
- Planet biomes are determined by planet size and distance from the system's star
- Each planet has one dungeon to explore
- Alien creatures will be procedurally generated and include quadrupeds, bipeds, humanoids, and more
- NPCs will have missions that give the player more direction
- Vehicles are planned, including mechs and hoverbikes
I'm losing my mind just thinking about all of this. I can't wait for all of those progress bars to fill up so we can get our hands on it!
Reblog (or) Blog Reply
Follow Blog + disclosure Dexter345 Tips
Darren is a scientist and an educator by day, and a writer and reviewer by night. While he enjoys shooters, RPGs, platformers, strategy, and rhythm games, he takes particular interest in indepen... more | staff directory
Setup email comments
Unsavory comments? Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our moderators, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma). Can't see comments? Apps like Avast or browser extensions can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.