Diversification is important for a growing gaming business, as is stockpiling marinara sauce and not making offensive Mario impressions when Italian people visit. This is why we broke in a local Bucca De Beppo and completely...
Friday. Happy hour. Lights out. Go tell your boss to shove it and that you're not working next week because you're taking a spontaneous trip to San Francisco to party with us. Summa, Ron, Colette, Nex, Dyson, and the ...
Now that I have been officially “beaten in” by the Destructoid gang, I just wanted to introduce myself -- I am resident nOOb, Chad! I would shake all of your hands, but I am not sure where they have been. Sorry. W...
Leave it to sub-par gaming mag GamePro to pick and change the name of an already awkwardly-named GamePro Expo to the even shattier moniker of Entertainment for All Expo -- or as the cool kids call it, E for All Expo. Couldn&...
Destructoid has four more free copies of Lost Planet: Extreme Condition to give away, and we're giving all of them to our best Photoshoppers. All you have to do is get creative with a few of the screenshots.
Rules: Using BB code, embed your entry in the comments below. You can submit more than one in any category. The image must be 468px wide, any length is OK. Your work must be original -- no remixing of somebody else's entry!
Here are the categories. There will be one winner for each:
2) Funniest Photoshop (make it crazy, make it hilarious, make it clap)
3) Best mashup of Capcom Characters in a Lost Planet scenario
4) Best cameo of Destructoid in a Lost Planet screenshot
The four winning masterpieces will be selected next year. I love saying that. Good luck! You have all weekend to create your masterpiece. Limit one game per winner, but obviously entering in all categories ups your odds. I'll also open this contest up to the site editors and contributors. Good luck!
P.S. At the time of this post, nobody's won the Street Fighter 2 Quiz contest. Go go go!
As you may have heard, we are giving away free copies of Lost Planet on the Xbox 360 all week long. Today we're giving away another 2: Here's how you win your free copy:
1) One winner for the guy that answer this question correctly: The mech exo suits in Lost Planet have traction spikes under both mech feet to help it move in the snow. How many foot spikes *combined* do both legs have? You can only guess *once* so make it count! Good luck!
2) Winner number two: I'm thinking of a Capcom game on the Nintendo Entertainment system. One of their older ones, actually -- it was also an arcade game and was loosely based on Greek mythology and prom night. I don't want the name -- use BB code to embed a picture of the game in the comments below to win it. Either NES or Arcade version is fine. Good luck!
I also have 7 free tickets to the Lost Planet launch party in San Francisco to give away. If you're in the area or know someone that would like to be there, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must be 18+ to attend.
San Francisco is home to the Sony PlayStation store, and for last two days it has also been home to something else: the hardcore. Over 750 people were lined up and waiting outside the Metreon when the PlayStation store starte...