If you turned off the videogames for a second over the past week you've probably heard of the massive earthquake that hit Haiti, destroying most of the structures in the country, killing thousands and leaving even more homeless and starving. You've probably also (hopefully) wanted to help, but weren't sure how to best do it. Well, here's a list of gaming related ways to get money and aid to Haiti:
- Bungie is selling "Be A Hero" t-shirts (above) with all the proceeds going to aiding Haiti. Also if you play Halo at some point next Wednesday or Thursday they will be donating up $77,000 dollars to Haitian relief efforts. Full details. [Thanks, Dani V.]
- PopCap will be donating every penny it earns today (Jan. 16) to help recovery efforts in Haiti. If you buy a PopCap game then you'll most likely save a life. Full details. [Thanks, Sean R.]
- Gamer Levi Buchanan is auctioning off 180 videogames for varying systems and a GameCube and PSP. All the money from the winning bid will go to the American Red Cross. Full details.
- Gaia Online will be matching the donations of its members up to $10,000. Full details
- Zynga Games held an auction this past Thursday, but you can still donate to the World Food Program through them. Full details.
- Gamingangels is having an auction today and tomorrow. Highest bidder will be getting a giant bag of goodies (more goodies the higher the bid) with proceeds going to the charity of the winner's choice. Full details.
- Gamers Gaming for Good is holding a marathon to raise money until the end of today, or possibly longer. Full details.
- EverQuest II players can can buy certain items and SOE will donate $10 per item. Full details. [Thanks, Victor Stillwater]
I am sure there are many more, and if you know of them please post them below. I'll try to update this as often as possible. If all this seems like too much of a hassle then you can simply take your lazy ass and text the word Haiti to 90999. That will make a $10 donation to the red cross.
#Help is on the way!