Tribes: Ascend is the fast paced free-to-play first-person shooter from Hi-Rez Studio that just launched this past month. A bunch of us at Destructoid have been playing like crazy, including Patrick Hancock. If you haven't touched the game yet you should go read his preview and see what all the excitement is about.
Or, you know, you can just go download it for free! Lucky for you new players, we're giving away the medium Spinfusor weapon for the Soldier class of Tribes: Ascend! It's a great weapon for players just starting off and a boost for any current players who have yet to unlock the weapon.
To get the weapon, login or create a Destructoid account, then head to our distribution page and click the "Get my beta code!" button. Once you've gotten the code, use the in-game menu to select "Extras" then "Redeem Promotion". Enter the code and you got the Spinfusor!
While we're at it, what's your Tribes: Ascend name? Let's play together!
Contests Official RulesNo Purchase Required to Enter or Win
1. Eligibility: Destructoid.com contests are usually provided by sponsors who, due to customs and shipping costs (yay budgets), often limit participation to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (unless otherwise stated) and are at least 12 years of age. We encourage our overseas friends to be super sneaky and make a friend in the United States who can receive your prize, and then you two figure out the customs/logistics. Be cautious about who you trust, obviously. Employees of destructoid.com, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Contests, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with the Contests (collectively “Contest Entities”) and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are *not* eligible and will be fired and publicly beaten if are caught participating. All U.S., federal, state and local and regulations apply.
2. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. Entry Period: The start and end dates/times of each Contest (the “Entry Period”) will be posted on the applicable Contest site.
4. Entry: To enter a Contest, follow the instructions on the Contest site. Submission will result in one (1) entry. The number of times you can enter the Contest will be posted on the applicable Contest site. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.
5. Drawing: Unless otherwise specified in the contest details above, we will select the names of the potential winners in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during each Entry Period. The number of winners to be selected in a specific Contest will be posted on the applicable Contest site. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Potential winners will be contacted via email and will be asked to provide their full name, age and mailing address within a specified time period. If a potential winner does not respond within the timeframe stated in the notification email, we may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all entries received during the Entry Period. Limit one (1) prize per household per Contest.
6. Requirements of the Potential Winners: Winners will be notified by the e-mail address associated with their account on destructoid.com.com and/or receive a Private Message on destructoid.com.com or through a Twitter Direct Message/Facebook message. Winners have five (5) days from the original message alerting them of their winnings to respond and claim their prize. If no winner comes forward within five business days, the prize will be forfeited and raffled again where Destructoid's hardcore fans are most active (forums/community blogs/facebook group).
7. Prize(s): The prize(s) (including each prize’s approximate retail value) available to be won in a specific Contest will be posted on the Contest site. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winners are responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize. Prizes will be mailed between 1 to 45 business days after winners have replied with their required info.
8. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
9.Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Contest Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; © printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Contest Entities’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Contest Entities be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
11. Contest Results: To enter the contest without needing to buy/sell anything or request a written copy of the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (stating the specific Contest you are requesting the winners for) to destructoid.com Contest Winners 580 Market Street #59757 San Francisco CA 94104. We run many contests, so please be specific in what you are requesting. Winner requests must be received within thirty (30) days from the end date of the applicable contest (they're always posted on our site though). Winners are usually posted the day following the contest on our contest section.
Lastly, Destructoid has the right to kick your ass and take away your prize if you are a total chode, so be cool and don't kick any puppies on your way to victory. Have fun with our contests and be a good sport when you win or lose. Remember: First you get the power, then you get the money, then get the baby.
|2:15 PM on 02.13.2013|
Tribes: Ascend announces a single-purchase option
I've always wished that free-to-play games would allow me to pay a certain amount of cash upfront and just give me everything I want. Well, Tribes: Ascend is doing exactly that, starting February 15. Stop reading my dia...more
|5:00 PM on 08.22.2012|
Tribes: Ascend gets new mode, Technician goodies
Tribes: Ascend has just received an update, adding not only a new mode but a slew of new items and upgrades. CTF Blitz is the mode, which will move the flag to a different location each time it's captured. It will conti...more
|7:30 PM on 06.27.2012|
Tribes: Ascend is now on Steam
There's a weird subdivision of people who will only play PC games if they are on Steam. I understand the basic notion of this (it's easier), but I do not understand the fundamentalists who follow this notion. Shouldn't you wa...more
|4:30 PM on 05.10.2012|
Summer of Tribes tournament headed to a stream near you
Tribes: Ascend is, fittingly enough, becoming a popular eSport at alarming speeds. It shares a lot of common themes as traditional sports, like football, so the transition into watching eSports is less jarring for some ...more
|4:30 PM on 05.08.2012|
Hi-Rez shares new maps and changes to Tribes: Ascend
Tribes: Ascend has been getting a lot of positive feedback from not only the gaming press, but also the community. After less than a month after it's release, Hi-Rez shares some footage of it's 2 upcoming maps and gameplay c...more
|3:45 PM on 05.08.2012|
Destructoid versus Machinima in Tribes: Ascend live!
Destructoid is taking on Machinima once again, this time in the free-to-play Tribes: Ascend. Destructoid.TV's King Foom, and associate editor Ryan Perez will be leading the charge with our community team made up of the winne...more
|2:30 PM on 04.24.2012|
Tribes: Ascend gets new content for the Raider class
Tribes: Ascend introduced the Cloak and Dagger pack for the Infiltrator about a month ago, including three weapons and two skins for the class. Today the Raider class got some new toys and skins to play with in the Raid...more
|5:00 PM on 04.23.2012|
Review: Tribes: Ascend
We are at the doorstep of a new generation of games. The free-to-play market is doing its best to shake the stigma frequently associated with its business model. These new free-to-play titles have no barrier to entry, and the...more
|11:30 AM on 04.09.2012|
PAX: The future of Tribes: Ascend
Tribes: Ascend will soon be exiting its open-beta stage and will finally be considered a full-release-quality product. Sterling and I already agree that the game is incredibly fun to play even if we aren’t the best skie...more
|1:00 PM on 05.16.2013|
New EA MOBA Dawngate coming from Waystone Games
It appears as though EA is looking to delve further into the MOBA genre with the premature reveal of Dawngate. The main site went live yesterday, only giving a glimpse at the art style as well as some background on the develo...more
|6:30 PM on 05.14.2013|
The WWII dogfights of War Thunder are headed to PS4
Gaijin Entertainment is bringing its free-to-play massively-multiplayer online game War Thunder to PlayStation 4 this holiday season. There's nothing in the way of screenshots for the expanded release, though we do have a te...more
|12:15 PM on 05.14.2013|
Slowly but surely: Rift will become free-to-play in June
Having previously put out a lite version of RIFT, Trion Worlds is now committed to introducing a full-fledged free-to-play model for the MMORPG. They're doing it, and doing it well, it sounds like -- "experience the entire g...more