Here are a bunch of upcoming Xbox One indie games
200+ developers have dev kits via ID@Xbox
This week at the Game Developers Conference, Microsoft has shared more details about its self-publishing program for Xbox One, ID@Xbox. A couple different lists of who all is signed on to make games for the platform have come out since the program's announcement last August, but this latest list, viewable in full below, summarizes 25 specific titles.
With tons of indie game confirmations for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita these past few months especially, it's great to see Xbox One play catch up here; everyone wins. These relatively new platforms need as much software as they can get and it's always nice to have smaller developers pick up the slack between big-name, AAA releases.
Also, Super Time Force, Hyper Light Drifter, and 1001 Spikes on Xbox One: freakin' yes.
Setup email comments
- 1001 Spikes by Nicalis – This hardcore side-scroller features precise controls and a degree of difficulty that means starting with 1001 lives is not at all a guarantee you can make it through the game! Every level is custom designed to be beaten… barely. The game also includes co-op and cutthroat multiplayer modes.
- Calibre 10 Racing Series by Bongfish GmbH – Calibre 10 Racing Series is a spiritual successor to Harms Way. The game is entirely multiplayer in a new experience that combines action-packed racing with fast-paced first person shooting.
- CastleStorm by Zen Studios – It’s Knights vs. Vikings in CastleStorm, a super genre mash-up of 2D physics destruction mashed with tower defense brawler! CastleStorm features a story-driven solo campaign, a custom castle editor, online multiplayer, co-op modes, and more.
- Chariot by Frima – Chariot is a humorous physics-based couch co-op platformer in which a brave princess and her suitor carry a funeral wagon through ancient mines, fending off swarms of looters while amassing riches, to bury the King's remains in a worthy gold-filled tomb.
- “Chuck’s Challenge 3D” by Niffler – From the design veteran behind the classic game “Chip's Challenge,” comes “Chuck’s Challenge 3D,” a fiendishly addictive puzzler that’s packed with features that will tease the brain and challenge the fingers.
- Contrast by Compulsion Games – Contrast is a 2D/3D adventure game, set in a surreal, 1920s, film noir dreamscape. You must help Didi explore the mysteries surrounding her family, by using your ability to shift at will between the 3D world and your 2D shadow.
- Divekick Addition Edition + by Iron Galaxy Studios – Divekick is the world’s first-ever two-button fighting game! Now anyone can experience the thrill of fighting games without memorizing complex combos and finger-contorting button presses.
- Forced by BetaDwarf ApS – One- to four-player co-op arcade adventure with puzzles and tactical elements. You are cast as slaves in the toughest fantasy gladiator school of them all, condemned to fight as a gladiator and eventually win your freedom.
- FRU by Through Games – Fru is a Kinect-based puzzle platformer in which the player utilizes both a joystick and their body to control the game. In fact, in “Fru,” the player's silhouette is used to reveal what lies beneath the world at first glance. “Fru's” gameplay changes according to the player's shape, pose and movement.
- Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition by DrinkBox Studios – Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition is an action-packed, 2D brawler/platformer that alternates between the worlds of the living and the dead.
- Gunscape by Blowfish Studios – At its heart, Gunscape is an FPS construction kit: A game with solid action gameplay, a welcoming approach to map building and a huge toolbox of iconic weapons, monsters and level elements that can be extensively combined to create new and exciting gameplay experiences.
- Habitat by 4gency – Habitat is a space-themed strategy game set in Earth's orbit, where you lead a team of engineers to save humanity by building a space station out of an orbiting wasteland of space junk.
- Hyper Light Drifter by Heart Machine – Hyper Light Drifter is an action adventure RPG in the vein of the best eight-bit and 16-bit classics, with modernized mechanics and designs on a much grander scale.
- It Draws a Red Box by Other Ocean – It Draws a Red Box is a chaotic eight-player eSport jumping jetpack future arena ball game that is as inspired by Bomberman and Smash Bros. as it is by cans of soda, paint-by-number books, and driving five miles faster than the speed limit.
- Nutjitsu by NinjaBee – Nutjitsu is a top-down, arcade-style game for Xbox One. Players take control of the ninja squirrel on his quest to reclaim his clan’s honor. Featuring two game modes, five power ups, 25 ranks, three distinct enemies and 15 levels, this HTML5 based title is coming to your dojo in early spring.
- Pinball Arcade by FarSight Studios – Pinball Arcade features exact recreations of the all-time greatest pinball tables from Williams®, Bally®, Stern Pinball® and Gottlieb® together in one game. Every flipper, bumper, sound effect, and display pixel has been painstakingly emulated in astonishing detail.
- Q.U.B.E. Director’s Cut by Toxic Games – Q.U.B.E. Director’s Cut is a first-person game that faces the player with a series of brain-teasing puzzles. The player uses high tech gloves to manipulate different types of cube in the environment – unravelling conundrums ranging from physics-based challenges; to 3D jigsaws; to platform-based trials.
- Riptide GP2 by Vector Unit – Featuring dynamic racing on fully interactive water surfaces, Riptide GP2 sets the gold standard in modern water racing games. Take control of rocket powered hydro jets to race through futuristic cityscapes, hurl yourself off sky-high jumps and bust out dozens of death defying stunts.
- Roundabout by No Goblin – Roundabout is an open world driving puzzle game where you control a constantly rotating limousine! Pick up passengers, find secret collectibles, take on dangerous missions, and fall in love while reliving the 1977 rise to fame story of Georgio Manos.
- Sixty Second Shooter Prime by Happion Laboratories – Sixty Second Shooter Prime is a twin stick shooter with a sixty-second time limit. This new Prime version brings a graphics upgrade, a new soundtrack, infinity mode and social leaderboards.
- Spectra: 8bit Racing by Gateway Interactive – From new studio Gateway Interactive and Chipzel (the amazing chip-tune artist behind the Super Hexagon music) comes “Spectra, a fast paced retro style racing game destined to get your heart pumping and test your skill like no other!
- Strike Suit Zero by Born Ready Games – Strike Suit Zero: Director’s Cut is a space combat game that throws players into huge, intense space battles where the very fate of Earth rests on your dogfighting skills.
- Super Time Force by Capybara – Super Time Force is an action-packed platformer with a time-travelling twist! Take control of up to 16 unique characters, and battle across six different time periods, from the long-ago past to the far-away future.
- The Last Tinker by Mimimi Productions – In a world where creativity has given way to conflict, a young street kid living in the slums of Colortown seeks to restore the spark of imagination to his hometown. A charming blend of modern platforming and multicolored style, The Last Tinker is a one-of-a-kind adventure.
- Wulverblade by Darkwind Media – Wulverblade is a side-scrolling brawler created in the spirit of the arcade greats. It's 120AD and the Roman army has seized control of Britannia. Their goal: march north and conquer the island with brutal and bloody efficiency. The 5,000 strong 9th Legion are preparing for war, but little do they know what lies in wait for them.
In addition to what's featured here, Microsoft says Pool Nation FX, Another World (?!), Stick it to the Man, Ninja Cowboys, Mortar Melon, and The ARC are in the works for Xbox One. Strike Suit Zero, 1001 Spikes, and Nutjitsu are supposed to release "in the coming weeks."
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our community fisters
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.