Please turn your internet viewer 90 degrees counter clockwise to properly display of the image above. That should give you an idea of how Guxt will look after you buy it on the 3DS eShop. As someone who loves the original game's muted, minimalist color pallet, I didn't expect to be all that impressed to see the game "conform" to a "normal" style of art direction.
Yep, I was wrong. That looks rad.
Below you'll find some other details about the newly re-crafted version of this Daisuke "Pixel" Amaya shmup delight. No word on a release date, but with luck the game should hit the eShop at some point during your lifetime. That assuming you decide to live into next year, which you should, because this game is going to be great..
Three screen modes:
- Split screen (320 widex 480 tall)
- Vertical (hold your 3DS sideways)
- Original art (tiny art on the top screen)
- FULL COLOR! OH YEAAH!!!
- New ships/ship animations (they'll tilt when they move left/right)
- Some soundtrack tweaking/tuning
So how does that sound to you gents? Ready for more Guxt?