Gunpoint gets Steam Workshop support and a new engine
Conveniently on sale right now, too
Designer Tom Francis is making a big push for Gunpoint this week: it's 75 percent off for 48 hours on Steam, and a major update has gone live for that version as well. Now's as good of time as any to try it out the stealth puzzle title thanks to these recent additions:
- Abstraction Games has implemented a new engine. As a result, Gunpoint now runs better and ports to Mac and Linux can happen down the road.
- There's Steam Workshop support for easier user-made level sharing.
- Reconfigurable keyboard controls are in.
- Swearing can be censored.
- There's also a vertical sync option.
- Creators can place multiple elevators in a level, crash-free. "That's more than I could do when I was making the game, so I expect your levels to be at least twice as good as mine."
The update is also planned for release outside of Steam minus the Workshop integration.
Gunpoint Patch: New Engine, Steam Workshop, And More [Pentadact]
Disclosurebot auto-message: Just in case the editor neglected to mention it, links that point to Amazon or whatever shopping site may directly support our site. Setup email comments
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our community fisters
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.