Guacamelee's Super Turbo Championship Edition enhancements detailed
Multiple save slots, independent dimension swapping, and more
How many copies of Guacamelee! is too many? At first glance, I was sure I'd be able to pass on the recently-announced Super Turbo Championship Edition for Xbox 360, Wii U, PS4, and Xbox One having played it once before on PS3. Now that I've seen the trailer and heard specifics about what's new from DrinkBox, I might need to reconsider.
- Expanded Story: An expanded version of the game that includes DLC content from the original
- New Game Areas: Players will ride boats through the Canal of Flowers to save a besieged fishing town, and avoid lava as they climb through the fiery Volcano
- New Boss: Face off against The Trio of Death, a three-headed skeleton that lives in the Volcano, helping the evil Carlos Calaca build his skeleton armies
- New Abilities: Maximize destruction with the powerful new INTENSO combat mode. Plus: Chicken Bombs and Independent Dimension Swapping
- New Enemies: Lethal new elite-class enemies that want to chokeslam luchadores to sleep
- Support for multiple save slots
- Dual currency system that supports permanent item unlocks
The all-new content is nice to see and makes double (or triple) dipping that much easier. But, if I'm reading that wording correctly, it's the ability to swap dimensions independently that has me interested. When playing the original Guacamelee! cooperatively, switching between the world of the living and the dead in sync with your co-op buddy got to be real frustrating. It was often easier to just let one person complete a platforming section while the other waited, which was no fun.
Photo Gallery: (6 images) Setup email comments
Click to zoom - browse by swipe, or use arrow keys
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our community fisters
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.