Atlus launched a Web site today for the upcoming PS2 strategy RPG Growlanser: Heritage of War. The Web site's got tons of goodies up there, wallpapers and avatars and other digital swag. Speaking of goodies, if you like them -- and who doesn't-- then you'll be pleased to know the limited release is coming with all kinds of bonuses: a special outer slipcase, a 100-page art book, multimedia CDs and all the other stuff you see in the above image.
I'm not all that into strategy titles, but this one seems rather elaborate. Hit the jump for the press release and all of the delicious details.
On an island continent shrouded in darkness and bounded on every shore by an impassable veil, war rages among desperate inhabitants fighting for survival. A mysterious famine has ravaged the land, leaving its denizens to struggle over what little fertile land remains. There is no safe haven; land that war has left untouched is still threatened by the Screapers, fierce and powerful monsters steadily encroaching on the cities of men. Hope is fading - who will rise to save this dying land?
• Over 70 Hours of Gameplay! A sweeping story arc spanning 5 lengthy chapters, with additional chapters to unlock.
• A Fantasy World Comes To Life! Story unfolds through gorgeous hand-drawn animation and character portraits by artist Satoshi Urushihara.
• Strategic Party-based Combat! The action is faster and more exciting than ever as you use an advanced troop command system to give orders to your allies – smart tactics are the key to victory.
• Manage Your Character’s Ability Tree! Change your character’s abilities based on the needs of the situation. As your character levels, so too do your Ability Plates!
• Discover and Train A Magical Fairy Companion!
• Cultivate Intimate Relationships With Your Allies!
Intimate relationships, huh? I'd like to cultivate some with that blond-haired chick. Also, the training and discovery of magical fairies is never an area in which I ought to be left alone to my own devices.