While touting its "strongest-ever" game line-up at the Leipzig Games Convention, Microsoft dropped some details on the Grand Theft Auto IV DLC that we know so very little about.
"In autumn there will be news from Liberty City; the first episodes of GTA IV will be available for download exclusively on Xbox LIVE, underlining Xbox 360’s leadership role in the field of digital entertainment."
There you have it, folks. The downloadable content is finally coming. But is it too late? I can't be the only one who's moved on after completing GTA IV's sizable story mode and spending more than enough time jumping out of helicopters during multiplayer.
Whatever the DLC is, it's going to have to be pretty damn enticing to get me to come back to Liberty City. Hit the jump for the press release from which this tidbit of news comes.
XBOX 360 CATERS FOR ALL WITH ITS STRONGEST-EVER LINE-UP AT THE LEIPZIG GAMES CONVENTIONXbox 360 is the perfect choice for everyone this Christmas with Lips, Fable II or Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise
LEIPZIG, Germany 20th August 2008 – During this year’s Games Convention at Leipzig, Germany, Xbox 360™ presented its forthcoming range of entertainment offerings. The visitors of Europe’s biggest fair for PC- and video games were shown a unique range of titles, and Xbox 360 was once again able to underscore its leadership role in the field of digital entertainment.
Blockbusters for both the whole family and committed gamers – the 2008 lineup
Xbox 360 offers a broad range of entertainment. From now through to Christmas and beyond you can expect a top-class line-up of titles that offer the perfect games for everyone’s taste and interests. The highlights are:
- Lips (iNis / Microsoft Game Studios): Exclusively on Xbox 360, Lips will be released in November and is the gotta-have singing party game. Players become stars with the help of the motion sensitive microphones that light up and pulsate light to the beat of the music and reward high-impact performances. Lips will come with numerous localized tracks, and loads of additional songs can be downloaded from Xbox LIVE Marketplace, with new songs by national and international artists being added on a regular basis. Lips also allows players to sing to their own music collection. Developed by Keiichi Yano of Gitaroo Man fame, Lips takes a totally new approach when developing this music game. Available for Christmas 2008
- Fable II (Lionhead Studios / Microsoft Game Studios)
Peter Molyneux’ most recent opus is one of the most anticipated games of the year 2008. It will offer an unequalled level of freedom of choice and create a new gaming experience. Every decision has an immediate impact on the fate of the hero and his surrounding world. The game will be available in Europe from the 24th October.
- Too Human (Silicon Knights/ Microsoft Game Studios)
“Too Human” is an epic action game with integrated role-playing game elements, and will be available in Europe on Aug. 29 – exclusively for Xbox 360. The game features a rich storyline with deep character development, both hallmarks of Silicon Knights’ legendary tradition of video game development.
- You’re in the Movies (Codemasters/ Microsoft): Become a movie star with You’re in the Movies: players are filmed acting out film roles, from a kung-fu fighter to a zombie using the Xbox LIVE Vision camera. You’re In The Movies is the first game that allows you to become part of a movie with a different result every time. Available from November 2008.
- Scene It? Box Office Smash (Krome Studios and Screenlife/ Microsoft Games Studios): Scene It? Box Office Smash is the second Xbox 360 instalment of the popular movie quiz. Totally new questions, puzzles and many movie clips in HD quality ensure a party atmosphere. Players can compete against each other on Xbox LIVE as well, with additional quiz packages available to download. Available from November 2008.
- Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts (Rare Ltd./ Microsoft Game Studios): Two of the most popular video games ever are back – exclusively on Xbox 360. From the developers at Rare comes Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, an innovative action adventure. Players are given plenty of material to design their own vehicles, and also get to choose how Banjo and his friend Kazooie overcome obstacles which come their way. Through Xbox LIVE players can compete with their vehicles and share their inventive talent.
- Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise (Rare Ltd./ Microsoft Game Studios)
From early September, players can leave the boundaries of their gardens and discover the whole new world of the Piñatas. In two new regions, the arctic and the desert, new and unknown animals are hiding. Designed by Rare, Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise is a colourful entertainment experience for the whole family. Up to four players can create their gardens simultaneously or compete in the talent show P-Factor. Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise will be released on the 5th September.
- Halo Wars (Ensemble Studios/ Microsoft Game Studio)
The Halo universe is growing. “Halo Wars,” developed exclusively for Xbox 360, is a real-time strategy (RTS) game that lets players experience mankind’s first encounters with the Covenant in the beginnings of the “Halo” storyline. “Halo Wars” gives players complete control of the battlefield, playing either as the UNSC or the Covenant. With the Xbox LIVE, you can see who the superior commander is through multiplayer online skirmishes supporting up to six players.
- Grand Theft Auto IV (Rockstar North/ Rockstar Games): In autumn there will be news from Liberty City; the first episodes of GTA IV will be available for download exclusively on Xbox LIVE, underlining Xbox 360’s leadership role in the field of digital entertainment.
Digital Entertainment For Your Home
- In addition to the best games of the season, Xbox 360 offers digital entertainment for everyone. The Xbox LIVE Video Store is expanding. At E3 in Los Angeles it was announced that Constantin Films is now an official partner of the Xbox LIVE Video Store in Germany. For German fans this means that besides international blockbusters, German productions in HD quality are available for the whole family. With a library full of films from the world’s biggest Hollywood studios ready to download, Xbox 360 is the centre of digital entertainment in the home.
[*].disqus.comto your security software's whitelist.