Aaaaand welcome back to Destructoid, the only web site that gives you free Playstation 3's by the virtue of sacrificial virgin slaughtering to appease the Gods! Kratos, can you please stop having an orgy and show our readers what's behind door number one? Um, where the hell is that guy? Whatever ... here's the grand prize:
While the Gods are gracious, we're even more thankful to our new sponsor God of War: Betrayal for making this giveaway a possibility. It's quite possibly the most hardcore cell phone game ever made (sorry Carmack) and available right now. Here's how you can get it on AT&T/Cingular, Verizon, and Sprint. You can also see a trailer for it by texting KRATOS to 4SONY. If you pick it up let us know what you think in the comments below!
Just goes to show -- I have a feeling we're going to see a lot more quality games about to hit mobile soon with the silent battle between the DS and the iPhone brewing, but that's another topic altogether. Bet you want to know how to pry this PSTriple from my cold dead robot arms, right?
HOW TO WIN
No purchase necessary! This is a random drawing by ballots. The contest ends in 30 days and there are 60 possible ballots you can acquire to increase your odds of winning. Destructoid regulars are at a slight advantage here because the sooner you found out about the contest, the better your odds are of winning. Just a little love there for our loyal readers!
Win 1 Ballot Daily by posting a Betrayal comment here
Create a Destructoid comments account and post a comment on this post with the word Betrayal in it. Your phrase should be unique every day (so we know you're not a bot). Example: "My mom baked a pizza topped with horse testicles and BETRAYAL"
Win 30 Ballots by theming your community blog with Kratos
Create a custom God of War community blog header! We are leaving this one highly up to interpretation. If its a photo of you with your head shaved in a miniskirt tearing a goat's head off, that counts too. Just refrain from posting photos of double orgies, let's keep it SFW! You can make something cool with the high res wallpapers attached to this story, that's cool too. Just upload your masterwork and announce it with a post in your blog. We'll be making daily sweeps looking at these. Watermark your masterpiece with your name so you don't get raped by a slacker.
*60 Ballot Bonus*
This month we are adding the ability to view Community Blog stats and will be displaying who the top ranked bloggers are. Your Destructoid Rank is primarily calculated by most hits on all blog posts x the number of users that have commented on your blog *from different IP addresses* divided by how many attention-whoring posts we flag internally. You pretty much have to not suck and you'll do great. We are awarding 60 additional ballot points to the single top-ranked community blogger, doubling one person's chances of winning.
The contest ends on September 19th, so get cracking!
CONTEST RULES - TEH' FINE PRINT
I was about to copy and paste our standard sweepstakes legal here which nobody will read or care about, so I thought I would paraphrase it and try to keep our web site as free from corporate bullshit as possible:
1) Contest eligible only for US and Canada residents. We'd love to ship to the UK but it costs a bloody fortune, so if you're over there and have a friend in the States and want to stage an eleborate cheat of the rules involving reshipping between you two, we don't want to know!
2) You forfeit all your rights as a human being by entering this contest. Seriously. If you particiate in this contest we have the right to spill boiling coffee on you at McDonalds and laugh at you and you will like it. Seriously though, by entering this contest you're basically agreeing to enter for fun and what Destructoid decides to do with the prize shall not involve you or your sissy-ass lawyer in any way whatsoever or we will sell your unconscious body on eBay (starting a t a penny without a reserve!) to a family of cannibals or gothic otters that cut themselves.
3) Editors, staff, family of staff, ex-girlfriends, secret lovers, ladies in red, klansmen, ninjas, and pirates of Destructoid are not eligible for this contest. Tipsters and news contributors are because, well, we don't pay you shit and we feel bad about it. I swear, one day we'll at least bake you donuts.
4) The selection of the winner will be painstakingly done by hand by printing all the ballots out, cutting them, putting them into an empty can of peanuts, shaking them, and pulling out the winner. We've given away a few PlayStation 3's, DS's, video cards, and so on and we always film the drawing when we do it and post it on YouTube. We might do it live on Stickam this time if it doesn't implode the internet. Either way, you'll see a video of the drawing so you know it was done fair and square. You'll also have a week to dispute any missing ballots before we do the drawing.
5) By participating this contest you agree that Destructoid and Sony Computer Entertainment and it's subsidiaries have no liability whatsoever.
6) Everyone in the Destructoid Community has the right to kick your ass and block/ban your IP and eject you from the contest, so don't be a tool.
7) These rules may change at any time, and we may use the <marquee> tag on the entire post to make it scroll across your screen like text did on web sites in 1998. Hell, we may also choose to exercise the <blink> tag if we'd had a pint.
8) Have fun with it! Please post any questions in the comments and we'll address them asap.
Contests Official RulesNo Purchase Required to Enter or Win
1. Eligibility: Destructoid.com contests are usually provided by sponsors who, due to customs and shipping costs (yay budgets), often limit participation to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (unless otherwise stated) and are at least 12 years of age. We encourage our overseas friends to be super sneaky and make a friend in the United States who can receive your prize, and then you two figure out the customs/logistics. Be cautious about who you trust, obviously. Employees of destructoid.com, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Contests, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with the Contests (collectively “Contest Entities”) and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are *not* eligible and will be fired and publicly beaten if are caught participating. All U.S., federal, state and local and regulations apply.
2. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. Entry Period: The start and end dates/times of each Contest (the “Entry Period”) will be posted on the applicable Contest site.
4. Entry: To enter a Contest, follow the instructions on the Contest site. Submission will result in one (1) entry. The number of times you can enter the Contest will be posted on the applicable Contest site. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.
5. Drawing: Unless otherwise specified in the contest details above, we will select the names of the potential winners in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during each Entry Period. The number of winners to be selected in a specific Contest will be posted on the applicable Contest site. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Potential winners will be contacted via email and will be asked to provide their full name, age and mailing address within a specified time period. If a potential winner does not respond within the timeframe stated in the notification email, we may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all entries received during the Entry Period. Limit one (1) prize per household per Contest.
6. Requirements of the Potential Winners: Winners will be notified by the e-mail address associated with their account on destructoid.com.com and/or receive a Private Message on destructoid.com.com or through a Twitter Direct Message/Facebook message. Winners have five (5) days from the original message alerting them of their winnings to respond and claim their prize. If no winner comes forward within five business days, the prize will be forfeited and raffled again where Destructoid's hardcore fans are most active (forums/community blogs/facebook group).
7. Prize(s): The prize(s) (including each prize’s approximate retail value) available to be won in a specific Contest will be posted on the Contest site. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winners are responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize. Prizes will be mailed between 1 to 45 business days after winners have replied with their required info.
8. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
9.Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Contest Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; Â© printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Contest Entities’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Contest Entities be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
11. Contest Results: To enter the contest without needing to buy/sell anything or request a written copy of the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (stating the specific Contest you are requesting the winners for) to destructoid.com Contest Winners 580 Market Street #59757 San Francisco CA 94104. We run many contests, so please be specific in what you are requesting. Winner requests must be received within thirty (30) days from the end date of the applicable contest (they're always posted on our site though). Winners are usually posted the day following the contest on our contest section.
Lastly, Destructoid has the right to kick your ass and take away your prize if you are a total chode, so be cool and don't kick any puppies on your way to victory. Have fun with our contests and be a good sport when you win or lose. Remember: First you get the power, then you get the money, then get the baby.