Yesterday evening, the Independent Games Festival Awards ceremony took place in San Francisco as part of the Game Developers Conference. It was fun to watch, whether you were there in person or simply viewing from home thanks to the live stream.
Here are the 13th Annual IGF winners:
- Seumas McNally Grand Prize ($20,000): Minecraft, by Mojang
- Nuovo Award ($5,000): Nidhogg, by Messhof
- Excellence in Visual Art ($2,500): Bit.Trip RUNNER, by Gaijin Games
- Excellence in Audio ($2,500): Amnesia: The Dark Descent, by Frictional Games
- Excellence in Design ($2,500): Desktop Dungeons, by QCF Design
- Best Student Game ($2,500): FRACT, by University of Montreal
- Technical Excellence ($2,500): Amnesia: The Dark Descent, by Frictional Games
- Best Mobile Game ($2,500): Helsing's Fire, Ratloop
- Audience Award ($2,500): Minecraft, by Mojang
- Direct2Drive Vision Award ($10,000): Amnesia: The Dark Descent, by Frictional Games
Well, now what? I'll tell you what! You need to play these games -- every last one of them.