Final Fantasy XIV on Xbox One talks are back on the table

Announced at E3

Recommended Videos

Ever since Microsoft has opened its online borders, more developers seem to be rushing in to speak with the publisher.

One such entity is Square Enix, who confirmed at E3 with Polygon that they’re currently “in talks” with them to get Final Fantasy XIV on Xbox One. Director Noaki Yoshida (Yoshi-P) has always been up for it, but has said that Microsoft was struggling with the finer details. They still need some regulations waived and are waiting on a response, but a discussion is happening.

As an aside, they also tapped Yoshida in regards to the PS3 edition, to see if it will still be supported, to which he retorted — “we’ll continue to fully support the PS3 through the 3.x series (Heavensward) of patches.” So in all likelihood, whenever the publisher decides to do a new expansion, that’s the earliest it would be left behind.

I’ve taken a break from XIV for a bit after having played since 2.0 — mostly because I’ve been busy. I’m excited to jump back in again at some point and having more people to play with on Xbox One would be a nice surprise.

Square Enix in talks to bring Final Fantasy 14 to Xbox One [Polygon]

Destructoid is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Best Destiny 2 Breech-Loaded Grenade Launchers
Read Article WoW: The War Within Diabolist Warlock Hero Talents
World of Warcraft: The War Within Diabolist Warlock Hero Talents
Read Article WoW: The War Within Hellcaller Warlock Hero Talents
World of Warcraft: The War Within Hellcaller Warlock Hero Talents
Related Content
Read Article Best Destiny 2 Breech-Loaded Grenade Launchers
Read Article WoW: The War Within Diabolist Warlock Hero Talents
World of Warcraft: The War Within Diabolist Warlock Hero Talents
Read Article WoW: The War Within Hellcaller Warlock Hero Talents
World of Warcraft: The War Within Hellcaller Warlock Hero Talents
Author
Chris Carter
Managing Editor - Chris has been enjoying Destructoid avidly since 2008. He finally decided to take the next step in January of 2009 blogging on the site. Now, he's staff!