* The difference in ability between races is said to be less severe than that of Final Fantasy XI
* Battles progress in real-time, but are not action-oriented, i.e. There is more to consider during battle that simply targeting the enemy and wailing away on it
* The Armory System allows for job changing anywhere, so inventory space is of great importance. Therefore, ways to change armor quickly and easily are being considered
* Currently investigating whether to allow all skills to be mastered, or have a see-saw style system like crafting in Final Fantasy XI
* "Guild Leave" will be a system of quests that include monster hunting, skilling up and a myriad of other activities. Players will obtain items to allow them to travel instantly to their required destination. There seems to be a lot about this system in the article as well, but we'll save that until it's fully visible.
* There will be weather effects and night/day transitions. One game day is one Earth hour.
* Final Fantasy XIV will be casual enough that even playing one hour a day is sufficient to enjoy the game.
* The game currency will be gil.
So far there are five confirmed races, but there always could be more before the game is launched. I do like the idea of changing the way gamers gain experience, but looking at the screens this just looks like a Final Fantasy XI sequel to me, and I'm not interested in that. That's mostly because I steer clear of MMO's, though. What do you guys think of this new info?
Photo Gallery: (7 images)
Click to zoom - browse by swipe, or use arrow keys
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.