Here's some lore behind the new mech:
Once known as "Armed Merchantmen", Raiders were originally used by freelance pilots as escorts for energy corporation shipments. Though they functioned primarily to load and unload cargo, their utilities were also applied offensively against the occasional, petty thief en route. As resources grew scarce however, so too did contracts. Hard-working, honest folk modified strong clamps and nail guns to tools more suitable to their needs. Raiders emerged, outfitted with the traditional M5 Muller model, but armed with weapons of war and the knowledge of every commercial trade route by land and sea.
§ "When we first spotted 'im, he looked like yer typical Merchantman hailing, 'Hellooo there, friend'! Then the sun flared… and I blinked. As my eyes peeled open, I caught a glimpse of 'im, charging straight at me, guns blazing. But by then it was too late." -- Captain S. Daunders
And here's a bunch of stats on the Raider's weaponry:
- Class: B
- Chassis: Muller
- Difficulty: 4.0/5.0
- Summary: Very Short-Range Burst Damage
- NEW Ability: Blitz
- Increases movement speed and allows firing while boosting for a short duration.
- Level 1 Upgrade: Increases duration by 1 second.
- Level 2 Upgrade: Increases movement bonus by 5%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: Reduces cooldown by 5 seconds.
- A rapid-fire shotgun with ricocheting flechettes (projectiles), ideal in tight quarters.
- Damage: 3/6
- Rate of Fire: 3/6
- Accuracy: 2/6
- Effective Range: 1/6
- Heat Generation: 3/6
- Level 1 Upgrade: Reduces heat generation by 3%.
- Level 2 Upgrade: Reduces maximum spread by 5%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: Reduces spread increase per shot by 5%.
- A dual-mode short-range weapon that fires airburst MIRVs or slung grenades. Use the ALT Fire button (middle mouse button by default) to switch modes.
- Damage: 5/6
- Rate of Fire: 1/6
- Accuracy: 4/6
- Effective Range: 4/6
- Heat Generation: 5/6
- Level 1 Upgrade: Reduces mode change time by 0.25 seconds.
- Level 2 Upgrade: Increases airburst mode range by 10%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: Reduces heat generation by 5%.
- A versatile, quick-loading trinity shotgun that can be charged by holding down the fire button.
- Damage: 4/6
- Rate of Fire: 3/6
- Accuracy: 1/6
- Effective Range: 2/6
- Heat Generation: 4/6
- Level 1 Upgrade: Increases effective range by 5%.
- Level 2 Upgrade: Reduces heat generation by 3%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: Reduces firing spread by 7%.
- Prestige Primary Weapon: EOC Repeater
- Starting Item: EMP
The Raider also features an assortment of customizations, taunts, and more:NEW Holo Taunts: Use "H" to toss a holo-puck that projects the Holo Taunt of your choice during a match.
- Holo Taunts can be swapped out during a match by clicking on Holo Taunt icon in the Staging area.
- Holo Taunts work similar to Countermeasures in that all Holo Taunts are available and they share a single consumable inventory of uses. Unlike Countermeasures, this inventory can be refilled using HAWKEN Credits or Meteor Credits.
- POOR BEARCITO
- OMG VICTORY!
- BETTER CLUCK NEXT TIME
- LORD OF THE DASH
- Each mech class starts with a default Mech Taunt. Even though the default Mech Taunt may be used during a match, in order to visually equip the Mech Taunt in the store, the player must unlock it for free to add it to their inventory. This is due to technological limitations.
- Class A Mech Taunts: THE PLEASURE WAS ALL MINE (Default) and DIRTY DOG
- Class B Mech Taunts: THAT JUST HAPPENED (Default) and THE ROOSTER
- Class C Mech Taunts: GLHF (Default) and THE SHOTGUN
NEW Thruster: JT-H0TSH0T
NEW Repair Drone: RD-QU4TERNION
NEW Chassis: Muller (Class B)
Unsavory comments? Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our comment moderators
Can't see comments? Anti-virus apps like Avast or some browser extensions can cause this. Easy fix: Add
[*].disqus.comto your security software's whitelist.