Everything you need to know about Hawken's newest mech
12:00 PM on 03.05.2013
The new medium Raider class mech
Last week we showed you what the newest mech to join Hawken looks like. Well now our exclusive look continues as we have a full breakdown of everything the mech has to offer players in the free-to-play first-person shooter for PC.
The new mech is called Raider, and is a medium class suit with increased movement speed that can fire its weapons off while boosting for a short duration. Take a look below to see some of its weaponry, it's upgrade paths, and some super cute animated gifs of the taunts you can place in the map.
Here's some lore behind the new mech:
Once known as "Armed Merchantmen", Raiders were originally used by freelance pilots as escorts for energy corporation shipments. Though they functioned primarily to load and unload cargo, their utilities were also applied offensively against the occasional, petty thief en route. As resources grew scarce however, so too did contracts. Hard-working, honest folk modified strong clamps and nail guns to tools more suitable to their needs. Raiders emerged, outfitted with the traditional M5 Muller model, but armed with weapons of war and the knowledge of every commercial trade route by land and sea.
§ "When we first spotted 'im, he looked like yer typical Merchantman hailing, 'Hellooo there, friend'! Then the sun flared… and I blinked. As my eyes peeled open, I caught a glimpse of 'im, charging straight at me, guns blazing. But by then it was too late." -- Captain S. Daunders
And here's a bunch of stats on the Raider's weaponry:
- Class: B
- Chassis: Muller
- Difficulty: 4.0/5.0
- Summary: Very Short-Range Burst Damage
- NEW Ability: Blitz
- Increases movement speed and allows firing while boosting for a short duration.
- Level 1 Upgrade: Increases duration by 1 second.
- Level 2 Upgrade: Increases movement bonus by 5%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: Reduces cooldown by 5 seconds.
NEW Primary Weapon: ReFLAK-35
- A rapid-fire shotgun with ricocheting flechettes (projectiles), ideal in tight quarters.
- Damage: 3/6
- Rate of Fire: 3/6
- Accuracy: 2/6
- Effective Range: 1/6
- Heat Generation: 3/6
- Level 1 Upgrade: Reduces heat generation by 3%.
- Level 2 Upgrade: Reduces maximum spread by 5%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: Reduces spread increase per shot by 5%.
NEW Special Weapon: Corsair-KLA
- A dual-mode short-range weapon that fires airburst MIRVs or slung grenades. Use the ALT Fire button (middle mouse button by default) to switch modes.
- Damage: 5/6
- Rate of Fire: 1/6
- Accuracy: 4/6
- Effective Range: 4/6
- Heat Generation: 5/6
- Level 1 Upgrade: Reduces mode change time by 0.25 seconds.
- Level 2 Upgrade: Increases airburst mode range by 10%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: Reduces heat generation by 5%.
NEW Alternate Primary Weapon: T32-BOLT
- A versatile, quick-loading trinity shotgun that can be charged by holding down the fire button.
- Damage: 4/6
- Rate of Fire: 3/6
- Accuracy: 1/6
- Effective Range: 2/6
- Heat Generation: 4/6
- Level 1 Upgrade: Increases effective range by 5%.
- Level 2 Upgrade: Reduces heat generation by 3%.
- Level 3 Upgrade: Reduces firing spread by 7%.
- Prestige Primary Weapon: EOC Repeater
- Starting Item: EMP
The Raider also features an assortment of customizations, taunts, and more:
NEW Holo Taunts: Use "H" to toss a holo-puck that projects the Holo Taunt of your choice during a match.
- Holo Taunts can be swapped out during a match by clicking on Holo Taunt icon in the Staging area.
- Holo Taunts work similar to Countermeasures in that all Holo Taunts are available and they share a single consumable inventory of uses. Unlike Countermeasures, this inventory can be refilled using HAWKEN Credits or Meteor Credits.
Our first Holo Taunts include:
- POOR BEARCITO
- OMG VICTORY!
- BETTER CLUCK NEXT TIME
- LORD OF THE DASH
NEW Mech Taunts: Use "G" to execute your selected Mech Taunt during a match.
- Each mech class starts with a default Mech Taunt. Even though the default Mech Taunt may be used during a match, in order to visually equip the Mech Taunt in the store, the player must unlock it for free to add it to their inventory. This is due to technological limitations.
Our first Mech Taunts include:
- Class A Mech Taunts: THE PLEASURE WAS ALL MINE (Default) and DIRTY DOG
- Class B Mech Taunts: THAT JUST HAPPENED (Default) and THE ROOSTER
- Class C Mech Taunts: GLHF (Default) and THE SHOTGUN
NEW Camouflages: WOODLAND-GRN, HAZMAT-Z10, BRAIN-WAVE
NEW Thruster: JT-H0TSH0T
NEW Repair Drone: RD-QU4TERNION
NEW Chassis: Muller (Class B)
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our comment moderatorsCan't see comments?
Anti-virus apps like Avast
or some browser extensions
can cause this. Easy fix: Add
to your security software's whitelist.