Inferno is the upcoming spring expansion for EVE Online. Players have probably noticed that everyday they log in, there is a new patch being installed; CCP is starting to roll out new content in preparation for Inferno.
Inferno will focus mostly on combat in EVE. The war declaration system, mercenaries, and factional warfare will all be overhauled to make more sense. Missile launchers, Amarr ships, and Minmatar ships are getting graphical updates, and there will also be major changes to the user interface and inventory systems.
\ We've blogged about this before: read (27) back stories
Escalation is the aforementioned series of patches and new content that's coming to EVE ahead of Inferno. Here is breakdown of what has been changed so far:
- NPCs won't drop tier-1 loot that can be crafted by players. If a blueprint exists for a T1 item, you'll have to buy it from someone instead of hunting for a loot drop. This will make these items more valuable, and manufacturers will be able to make additional profit.
- Titans can track targets faster, but they can lock onto less ships at once.
- Rogue drones will no longer drop alloys. A bounty will be collected on them instead, just like with NPC rats. This will make it easier for players with smaller cargoholds to earn ISK killing drones.
- Vanguards will take longer, and Assault invasions will be shorter. The reward for Vanguard invasions has been lowered by 10%.
- A status bar has been added. It is now really easy to see what is affecting your ship.
- During character creation more ethnic options will be available.
If you want to see more details you can check out the full patch notes.