E3: Iwata and Sakurai talk about the new Smash Bros.
One of the bombshells of Nintendo's E3 press conference was the word that Nintendo is working on Smash Bros. titles for both the 3DS and the Wii U. Sadly, that was all the information that we got, and it's likely all the info we will get for a while.
In the meantime, we can chew on this interview between Nintendo President Iwata-san and Smash Bros. creator Sakurai-san. It sounds like everything is in the planning stages at this point, but one thing is for sure, it sounds like Sakurai-san thinks it would be "wrong" to make a new Smash Bros. game that only adds improved graphics and a larger roster to the formula.
Some new ideas, like a more "individual" focused experience on the 3DS version where you may be able to customize your character, that would generally be "slightly different" from the "conventional" Smash Bros. games, are floated out there, while connectivity between the two versions is pretty much a lock.
Iwata asks about Smash Bros. [andriasang.com]
Setup email comments
Other major topics that were discussed:
- Iwata-san first approached Sakurai-san about creating a new Smash Bros. for the 3DS shortly after work on Super Smash Bros. Brawl was completed.
- Smash Bros. Brawl was balanced by Sakurai. The upcoming Smash Bros. title will be balanced by a larger component of the development team.
- There will be a continued focus on making a game that experienced players and new players can enjoy together.
- The console experience is planned to be more "public" while the home console version will be more "personal."
- An experience point system is being discussed.
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our community fisters
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.