E3 10: Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition unveiled
9:15 PM on 06.15.2010 // Samit Sarkar
At Sony's press conference, we finally got a release date for Gran Turismo 5: November 2, 2010, in North America and Latin America. Now we've got the announcement of a Collector's Edition for the game, and it's looking pretty sweet.
The whole package, which will retail for $99.99, includes the following:
- A copy of Gran Turismo 5
- Exclusive limited edition 1:43 scale diecast 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec V with custom Gran Turismo livery designed by Polyphony Digital, produced by well-known collectible car maker Kyosho
- In-depth 300-page car-lover’s guide written by the experts at Polyphony Digital, covering everything from the history of the modern automobile to driving techniques and game reference material
- Custom etched Gran Turismo key chain
- Voucher for five exclusive high-end DLC cars with custom Gran Turismo livery and performance upgrades
- Numbered certificate of authenticity
- Custom collector’s packaging
Yep, they'll all include a numbered certificate, because quantities of this Collector's Edition will actually be limited. You'll be able to pre-order it soon at a variety of retailers; pre-ordering (the Collector's Edition or the game itself) will net you one of a number of exclusive in-game cars, such as the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG and McLaren F1.
Check out the gallery for a larger image of the contents of the Collector's Edition, as well as a close-up of the GT-R Spec V. How many of you are going to pick up the Collector's Edition?
Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition Announcement [Gran Turismo Official Site -- thanks, SR388!]
Photo Gallery: (2 images)
Setup email comments
Click to zoom - browse by swipe, or use arrow keys
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our moderators
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.